Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2017 8:45:02 AM EDT
I went out to the gun range yesterday, to look around, they are still working on it.  They are putting in a covered shooting area.  

The pistol area is supposed to get rafters today.

The rifle range had the uprights but no floor poured. It doesn't appear to be as wide as the shooting area was before.

The person I spoke with had no idea when the range would open.  However I have been told at least twice it would open in time for hunting season.
My guess is mid September to mid November.  I know that is a 2 month window but we are talking about state employees here.

They enlarged the parking area, and put in some drain tiles along the left side of the parking area as you look downrange.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the update.

Ever since I moved to Alabaster I've wanted a closer outdoor range.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the update.

Ever since I moved to Alabaster I've wanted a closer outdoor range.
View Quote
I understand that there is a 300 yd range out towards Brookwood.  Haven't found out exactly where or price but I will in the next week or 2.

Also there is a long range (1000 yds?)range in Hoover, but you have to be a member to play there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. But the issue I've had is that I like to get up early and go shooting. None of the places are open early morning Sunday. But for the time being, I'll be driving to South Sandy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell me about Big Sandy.  Where is it and what does it cost?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#6]
It is a bit out of the way in Hale county around Duncanville. 100 yard rifle.

Unfortunately, a lot of people that go there forget to clean up after themselves. We pick up trash before we do any shooting.

We usually get there around sun up to avoid the idiots.

Hit link may not work. I'm on my POS phone.

http://www.outdooralabama.com/south-sandy-shooting-range-oakmulgee-wma
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is a bit out of the way in Hale county around Duncanville. 100 yard rifle.

Unfortunately, a lot of people that go there forget to clean up after themselves. We pick up trash before we do any shooting.

We usually get there around sun up to avoid the idiots.

Hit link may not work. I'm on my POS phone.

http://www.outdooralabama.com/south-sandy-shooting-range-oakmulgee-wma
View Quote
I used to go there when I lived in Demopolis.  It was fairly pleasant to use and I'd usually go to T Town afterwards to eat out. They (the State) finally built a range close to Linden so that cut the 60 something mile trip one way to 11 miles one way.  Now, where I live in MS I have a 100 yd range in the backyard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top