Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2017 10:10:38 AM EDT
Thinking about re-barreling a Rem 700 and would prefer to use someone local over sending out. Any recommendations of a good shop with-in an hour +/- from Dothan?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with Accurate Plating and Weaponry:  http://www.apwcogan.com/the-long-guns

I don't have any personal experience with them, but they sponsor a lot of things at Dothan Gun Club and the Match Director there has said good things about them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reference.  Just recently joined the Dothan Gun Club myself
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you shoot any of their matches?  I'm planning on driving over there next weekend for the USPSA classifier match.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Cliff's Gun Shop in Ozark.  He has been around for a very long time.  He work on my very first AR as well as done trigger jobs for pistols.  I would reach out and give him a call.  He is on the square in Ozark.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you shoot any of their matches?  I'm planning on driving over there next weekend for the USPSA classifier match.
View Quote
I have not shot any matches yet.  Its been awhile since I did much pistol shooting.  Trying to get my wife to participate also.  Which matches qould you recommend for beginer/ novice shooter?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Check out Cliff's Gun Shop in Ozark.  He has been around for a very long time.  He work on my very first AR as well as done trigger jobs for pistols.  I would reach out and give him a call.  He is on the square in Ozark.
View Quote
Ill check him out also, pretty close to Ozark
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have not shot any matches yet.  Its been awhile since I did much pistol shooting.  Trying to get my wife to participate also.  Which matches qould you recommend for beginer/ novice shooter?
View Quote
I've only shot the bigger USPSA matches held there, since it's about 3 hours away.  The only reason I'm going over next weekend is because it's a special Classifier match and I want to bump up in class before I put my open gun away for a while.

The speed steel (http://www.dothangunclub.com/competitions/speed-steel/) may be a good match for beginners, but USPSA is a lot of fun as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#8]
i'll have to check out the matches.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#9]
i will second Accurate Plating.  They did some work on one of my AR's and a 1911.  Good work and reasonable prices.
They are located on CR 99 between Headland and Abbeville.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Just Talked with Bob over at Accurate Plating,  great guy with tons of knowledge.  Unfortunately he doesn't have the reamers for 6.5 Creedmoor so still looking.  I do plan on taking my 1911 to him for some work though
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Might check with these guys in Coffee Springs

http://cscustommachine.com/

I've never used them but they were recommended to me by the folks at Lock and Load in Enterprise when I bought my 700 aac sd
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Might check with these guys in Coffee Springs

http://cscustommachine.com/

I've never used them but they were recommended to me by the folks at Lock and Load in Enterprise when I bought my 700 aac sd
View Quote
Thats who I ended up  going with. Just dropped action and barrel off yesterday.  Have a cool little machine shop
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#13]
How did this work out for you KW?  I'm going to need some work done on my 700 soon.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Just got the rifle back last weekend, work looks good but havent had a chance to shoot it yet. Will try and hit the range this weekend.

Turn around time was just over a month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top