Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 1:54:40 PM EDT

Well, my truck was broken into outside the CVS drugstore in Bluff Park this afternoon.

Stolen were my bank bag, company checkbook, $350 petty cash and my Kimber Custom TLE II.

I can cancel checks, cash can be earned but the idea that my pistol is out there haunts me.

I have learned my lesson. Carry means carry.

My dog was in the car and was unharmed and my personal checkbook was not taken although I am going to change that account too.

For the Birmingham area Hometown guys, bolo for a Kimber Custom TLE II in a Blackhawk Serpa holster in pawn shops and/or gun stores. I'm not going to post the sn here but if by some chance it is noticed I can check it out from there.

Luckily, nothing else in easy reach was touched. The perp also left blood in the truck and an ET came by and took swabs. The officer also called over to Peyton at HTF to get the serial number since I didn't have it on me.

What a freakin day!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Man thats low.....
Sorry to hear that. Hope it turns up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
That makes me wanna puke esp. since it happen in Hoover and an area that used to be free from things like that from happening.  I sure am sorry to hear that brother and I will keep an eye out for the Kimber or better yet the POS that stole it.

eta....any kinda scratch or imperfection you can remember on it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Bham and surrounding areas aren't as safe as they used to be.

Crime is way up fellas, keep your shit close!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That makes me wanna puke esp. since it happen in Hoover and an area that used to be free from things like that from happening.  I sure am sorry to hear that brother and I will keep an eye out for the Kimber or better yet the POS that stole it.

As a matter of fact, on the right side of the hammer is a small spot that was rust but I had buffed it out. The area is still a little discolored.

There are some scratches on the right side of the slide just above the grip from the seatbelt of my backhoe.

I don't have much hope of ever seeing it again but you never know.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

As a matter of fact, on the right side of the hammer is a small spot that was rust but I had buffed it out. The area is still a little discolored.

There are some scratches on the right side of the slide just above the grip from the seatbelt of my backhoe.

I don't have much hope of ever seeing it again but you never know.

10-4 BOTL confirmed.....I actually know of someone who located a shotgun by scratches on one side of receiver so never give up hope that one day you might see that ole Kimber pal of yours
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you know the Serial Number?

I keep an excell file with alllmy guns on it, (SN, Make, Model, Caliber, type), then I'll print it off, put one in the safe, one somewhere else, and email the file to myself and put it in the save folder online so it can be accessed from any computer when I log into my email.

I update the list about once a year depending on how many firearms I pick up during the year.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Do you know the Serial Number?

I keep an excell file with alllmy guns on it, (SN, Make, Model, Caliber, type), then I'll print it off, put one in the safe, one somewhere else, and email the file to myself and put it in the save folder online so it can be accessed from any computer when I log into my email.

I update the list about once a year depending on how many firearms I pick up during the year.

Yep, I posted it up on the stolen weps forum.

I didn't have it on me at the time but Officer Andre Brown (props to him) called over to Hoover Tactical and got it off the 4473.

I have other guns but that one was just special, you know?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#8]
My heart goes out to you. I had the same model stolen from me along with 2 others last summer. One was returned but the Kimber I fear is gone for good. Thief came into my home while I was out back!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top