Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 8:33:26 AM EDT
Any [public] places to go?

I'll admit that i know exactly nothing about dove hunting/hunting in general.  Would really love to do some this year though.  might need some place with a guide to start off right- don't want to break any laws.  wanting a chance to shoot my own dinner and spend some time outside.

thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#1]
you may want to check out some of the "sporting goods" stores...  like Mark's Outdoors.
They will often have advertisements of 'paid shoots' that are charged 'per gun'...
Most are located within a few hours drive of Bham...

Of course, proper gun safety always applies- but dove hunting DOES require the dicipline to NOT shoot at low flying birds...
Give it a try-  You will love it...

Good luck
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know about doves, but do know of a great quail place if you're interested.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Don't know about doves, but do know of a great quail place if you're interested.

Most definitely. I did a little bit of bird hunting as a kid (quail and pheasant) when i had an uncle with lots of land and some good dogs.  i don't have access to either.

thanks for the help!  i will swing by mark's sometime soon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most definitely. I did a little bit of bird hunting as a kid (quail and pheasant) when i had an uncle with lots of land and some good dogs.  i don't have access to either.  

Ask and ye shall receive: Selwood Farm.  It's located in Alpine, just outside of Childersburg in Talladega County.  I've been there to shoot skeet and it's an amazing place.  Their packages include a guide, dogs, meals, and processing.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask and ye shall receive: Selwood Farm.  It's located in Alpine, just outside of Childersburg in Talladega County.  I've been there to shoot skeet and it's an amazing place.  Their packages include a guide, dogs, meals, and processing.

Cool- thanks!

i see i'm in the wrong line of work....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top