Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/29/2006 1:54:33 PM EDT
Going camping in Talladega National Forest this weekend and wanted to find out if anyone had the answers to a couple of questions.
- Am I aloud to carry my pistol loaded and concealed as I normally would with my Concealed Carry Permit.
- What are the laws, rules, regulations that I need to know if I want to have a beer while camping?

I found some info on the web page below, but as usual it just makes it fuzzier to me!
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/alabama/law/

Thanks,
Matt
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:58:41 PM EDT
generally firearms/alcohol are not allowed in the state parks. just don't carry it openly and you should be fine. don't take your long gun.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:01:10 PM EDT
I'm assuming the land is Federal property and thus is governed my federal law. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know the State Parks pretty much forbid both alcohol and firearms. The reason I'm thinking that I might be able to carry my pistol concealed or just in my truck is because Hunting is aloud on NF property. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those idiots that are going to get drunk and go tromping through the forest popping off rounds. In fact I probably wouldn't even take my pistol since I'll be with a decent sized group.

Anyone know legalities?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:10:08 PM EDT
Tuskegee National Forest has a gun range and camp sites, although not side by side. I haven't gone over the forest rules in detail, but I don't see how it could be illegal to carry a firearm there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:15:57 AM EDT
When we were in school at Auburn we used to go camping down in Tuskegee NF. We would just pull off on the side of the road South of Wire Road and find a place to put up a tent. We knew when hunting season was too, so we would stay away during that period. I was under the impression that alcohol was aloud in the NF areas.

Carrying a sidearm Question: I was really just curious about it, but I'm not intending on carrying.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:28:44 AM EDT
I've walked over a lot Talledega with a rifle
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:52:03 AM EDT
BTT for more info.

I still haven't gotten my answer yet.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:28:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By brain3278:
BTT for more info.

I still haven't gotten my answer yet.

One thing about us Bama people. We may not know the answer but we can sure give a lot of worthless info.
Top Top