Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/25/2006 3:34:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 8:12:24 AM EDT by BeetleBailey]
First and foremost, I would like to thank Axl and his lovely wife for their wonderful hospitality. They really know how to treat a guest like a king.
__________________________________________________________________________________

We went coyote hunting today. Started out at dawn. I have one regret that I did not stop to take more pictures, but obviously our minds were in other places

a very fuzzy BeetleBailey in a Ghillie suit made by Axl himself (@#$% camera screws up sometimes):

Sasquatch Axl in a ghillie (nice rifle):

A 'friend' who came to visit as I was sleeping... er, waiting for the 'yotes

The sniper Axl, at his post. I've never before heard a human dupicate a ditressed rabbit or use a device to simulate the pesky vermin themselves. Impressive.

Me at my post:

The verdict? No coyotes this time , although if their droppings and tracks were worth anything we'd have come home rich. However, we did see two white tails, one of which being a nice sized buck. Bah, a couple weeks too late. (but there's always next season, buckie )

And finally, you people need to take a chance to stop by Christine's German Bake Shop sometime there in Somerville. German charm and pastries - deeeeeeelicous!

ETA: and this is one of the main reasons why. Homemade bread... BeetleBailey - meet your vice

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:33:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 5:37:27 PM EDT by axl]
Real decent. Looks like you had to shoot the bread before you could eat it. Let's try again later. Glad you could come up. We'll kill something sooner or later.

rgg
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:47:31 PM EDT
Ya'll sure dress weird.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:08:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By alaman:
Ya'll sure dress weird.

yah, so do nuns but no one gives them crap about it
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:58:19 PM EDT
GREAT PICS!!!!!!.......Glad to see you two finally hooked up for a hunt.
Axl and his wife are great people and a joy to be around.
There aren't many people that are more knowledgeable about the outdoors than axl and ken.
Glad ya'll had a good time.......

P.S......I'm ready to break out the Kayak!!!!!!!

GhostCat
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:14:23 AM EDT

thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:54:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GhostCat:

There aren't many people that are more knowledgeable about the outdoors than axl and ken.

GhostCat

that's an understatement
Top Top