Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 8:30:03 AM EDT
I just got off the phone with State Rep. Bobby Humphryes, he said he tried to get the SBR restrictions in Alabama changed last year, and it wouldn't make it out of comittee. He will make another attempt this coming week, and when he gets a bill number, I will post it. When the bill # is known, please call your reps, and let them know you want them to vote for it. Rep Humphryes said he had a hard time explaining the definition, and current federal definition of a SBR, he also said most reps thought it was an attempt to legalize sawed off shotguns, where every kid on the street could carry one, they had no knowledge of NFA firearms. Please Pass This Along, thanks, Treeman (ETA)  Rep. Bobby Humphryes is a retired firefighter, not the x-football player. He is pro gun, and regularly shoots at the FOP range in Pleasent Grove. He will be running for County Commision in the upcoming election, to take the place of Mary Buckelew. This will be his last chance to bring this up, lets do what we can, to make it happen.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep us posted. Damn idiots that tried to stop Castle Doctrine stopped SBR changes last year. Inner city idiots
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Waiting to hear from you on the bill number.  I'll definately call.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#3]
As soon as he calls me, I will post it, or call him first. If any of you guys are in Jefferson Co. Dist. 3  consider voting for him in the commission election, I worked with him at the fire dept for 12 years before he retired, he is a hunter a fisherman, just an all around good guy, a mans man,and if you know anyone to talk to, so the reps will understand what a sbr is, please make any calls you can. Thanks.....Treeman
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:45:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Waiting for more info.

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:38:52 AM EDT
[#5]
He said he will try to get this into committee this week, and this session runs through April, he also told me when it has a bill number he would call. I told him about ARFCOM, and that I would be posting updates. I urge anyone who has any political connections, to use them, and if this makes it to the floor call your reps. Thanks.....Treeman ETA- I don't see why anyone couldn't go ahead and call their reps, and try to get support drumbed up, even before it makes it to the floor, it may even help to get it out of committee
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Rather than a separate bill which the inner city idiots will stop, he should add it to the Castle Doctrine Bill which will pass and be signed into law.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Is there anything we can do to help it get out of committee?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Any update?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Not yet, I found out last Monday that we are expecting our first baby. My mind has been  totallyconsumed, along with my time, thinking of baby stuff, and talking to every relative I have. I will call Bobby tomorrow, and try to post an update.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#10]
double tap.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Update, I spoke with Bobby Humphryes this morning, and he told me the legislature had been on spring break, and that was the reason for no news. Bobby has introduced the bill, House bill 833, it is currently in judiciary, Bobby didn't think there was much chance of getting it out. The head of the Judiciary, is described as a rabid anti gun lib. When this bill came up last year, a voice vote was called,  the in favors clearly won, but the above lib, said the no vote won. A roll call vote was then called for, and the bill was overwhelmingly supported, which pissed the above lib off in a bad way. SO.....Bobby says HB 833 stands a slim to no chance, unless we make a bunch of phone calls, if you have any contacts, or you could call your Reps, and try to get it done............In the future, Steve Turner, is running for the House of Reps, and is also in favor, and promised to push this again, if elected. Steve is also a firefighter, and a good friend, he and I went to the Fire Acadamy together. Please vote for Steve, his district is the northern part of Jefferson County,( the seat Bobby currently holds). Bobby is running for The  Jefferson County commision. These guys are very pro-gun, and will be allies for any future support, or threat. ...........Thanks, and do what you can, Treeman.....and sorry it took so long for news.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be honest.  I've never contacted anybody about something like this before.  Where can I get a list of the appropriate people for me to contact?  Should I call, write, e-mail, what?

ETA:

I just contacted my representative (Barry Mask) after searching a little.  He said he is aware of the bill, and has already told Bobby Humphryes that he supports the bill.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
... I just contacted my representative (Barry Mask) after searching a little.  He said he is aware of the bill, and has already told Bobby Humphryes that he supports the bill.

Barry's a good friend & even sponsored our NRA banquet last month.  I'll bend his ear about this tonight.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I did vote for him a couple of months ago.  I just didn't know he was the one to contact.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Good job, and please pass the word. Thanks.....Treeman
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:35:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
...Bobby didn't think there was much chance of getting it out. The head of the Judiciary, is described as a rabid anti gun lib. When this bill came up last year, a voice vote was called,  the in favors clearly won, but the above lib, said the no vote won. A roll call vote was then called for, and the bill was overwhelmingly supported, which pissed the above lib off in a bad way. SO.....Bobby says HB 833 stands a slim to no chance, unless we make a bunch of phone calls, if you have any contacts, or you could call your Reps, and try to get it done.

For anyone who knows, I'm curious as to how one man has the power to make sure a bill dies, and never gets to the floor for a vote.  Anybody have an idea?

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
For anyone who knows, I'm curious as to how one man has the power to make sure a bill dies, and never gets to the floor for a vote.  Anybody have an idea?

Alvin Holmes can usually kill a bill just by introducing/supporting it...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Holmes is an inner city scumbag who yells racism all the time and lives on the public dole. The reason he succeeds is simple, nobody wants to rock the boat and has the guts to tell the racist to GFY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top