Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 5:46:56 AM EDT
I have to go to Huntsville for work sometime this month for a few days.  I'll planning to bring my wife and kids along.  What are some fun things for them to do during the day while I'm at work?  Kids are 3 1/2 and 8 months.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Marshall Space Center
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I grew up in Hutsville.  Its a great town, but theres not a lot on the entertainment side.  

Think I went to the Space and Rocket Center about 20 times as a kid.  Its kinda cool.  The best part at the space and rocket center for me was the IMAX theatre.  Although you might want to make sure no one has a problem with motion sickness.  Other than that, Monte Sano State Park, the Huntsville Museum of Art, UAH Hockey games, Stars baseball games.  Some of those might not be in season?

Anyone want to recommend a good place to eat?  Family place?  I haven't lived there for a while.  Old Chicago Pizzeria is out of business now.  Otherwise I would recomend that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have to go to Huntsville for work sometime this month for a few days.  I'll probably drag the wife and kids along.  What are some fun things for them to do during the day while I'm at work?  Kids are 3 1/2 and 8 months.

kids are 3 1/2 years and 8 months old?

Two words:    Kid's Kingdom

I helped build it...... both times.

Merlin
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Green Mountain park. Hunt park downtown. Bring stuff to feed the ducks and fish. Constitution park downtown. Burrit museum and Montesano state park.

rk
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:15:00 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 Space & Rocket center
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the great ideas.   We're looking forward to the trip.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Space and Rocket Center is a definite must see.

There’s the nature trail on Green Mountain, nothing fancy but it’s a nice walk. There’re plenty of trails in Monte Sano State Park too.

Then there’s a kid’s museum called Early Works and a Train Museum. I’ve never been to either one but I hear they are worthwhile.

There’s also a military history museum that’s only open on Fridays and Saturdays. They have a few tanks and some other stuff, it’s worth seeing. It’s just off Airport Road (Where the old Airport used to be, nowhere near the new Airport.) next to the old police academy and behind the Marine Corps Reserve building.

Of course there’s the usual assortment of malls, theaters, and such. Feeding the ducks downtown wouldn’t be a bad way to spend the afternoon with kids either.

Oh, there’s also Larry’s Pistol and Pawn. It’s a pretty good gun store Its on Memorial Parkway a couple miles north of University Drive.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I grew up in Hutsville.  Its a great town, but theres not a lot on the entertainment side.  

Think I went to the Space and Rocket Center about 20 times as a kid.  Its kinda cool.  The best part at the space and rocket center for me was the IMAX theatre.  Although you might want to make sure no one has a problem with motion sickness.  Other than that, Monte Sano State Park, the Huntsville Museum of Art, UAH Hockey games, Stars baseball games.  Some of those might not be in season?

Anyone want to recommend a good place to eat?  Family place?  I haven't lived there for a while.  Old Chicago Pizzeria is out of business now.  Otherwise I would recomend that.

Goto Rosie's on Memorial, past Parisian's.  Best Mexican I have ever had.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Can I legally carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol?  I looked on packing.org and at some of the AL law websites.  I couldn't find any reference to it one way or the other.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:02:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought it was illegal to carry on any premises where alcohol was sold or served, but now I'm not sure.

I used to live in Alabama and then moved to Georgia for about 6 years.  I'm pretty sure its not aloud in Georgia to carry in a restaurant that serves Alcohol.  Correct me if I'm wrong?

I don't see anywhere in the Alabama Firearms Law that would say you cannot carry at a restaurant that serves Alcohol.

Check for yourself.  There might be other laws that apply.
http://www.ago.state.al.us/issue/Alabama_Weapon_Law.pdf

Anyone else know this for sure????
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I thought it was illegal to carry on any premises where alcohol was sold or served, but now I'm not sure.

I used to live in Alabama and then moved to Georgia for about 6 years.  I'm pretty sure its not aloud in Georgia to carry in a restaurant that serves Alcohol.  Correct me if I'm wrong?

I don't see anywhere in the Alabama Firearms Law that would say you cannot carry at a restaurant that serves Alcohol.

Check for yourself.  There might be other laws that apply.
http://www.ago.state.al.us/issue/Alabama_Weapon_Law.pdf

Anyone else know this for sure????

Brain,

the link doesn't reference alcohol.  You are correctabout GA.  Can't carry where alcohol is served for consumption on the premises.  Thanks for the reply and link.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top