Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 5:44:00 PM EDT
Well looks like the guys over at the other website/Forums only want to do a day ride and not camp.
They also want to ride rocks and not mud so it looks like we are going to Scottsboro/Coalmine and do a day trip on the 25th.
For those of you who were planning on going and you still want to do an overnighter, lets plan a trip. Wether its canoe/camping or Hike/Camping or a 4x4/camping trip, lets plan one.

GhostCat
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
tag so I can remember to talk to my wife about this
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:04:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I can still put together a canoe/kayak campout. If I ever get over this damn flu. How aout a day trip/excursion? I found a few more great spots. Ill start a new thread

rk
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:55:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well looks like the guys over at the other website/Forums only want to do a day ride and not camp.

Since when?

Be careful at coalmine.  Landowner issues.......

We have a public ride scheduled for Feb 25 at Wooley's ORV Park.  You guys want mud?
http://www.woolysoffroad.com/pictures/dropped%20chain.jpg
You want rocks?
http://www.woolysoffroad.com/pictures/Picnictable2.jpg

Camping is allowed.

Can you handle it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
How long does it take to drive to Wooleys?......From Huntsville....

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How long does it take to drive to Wooleys?......From Huntsville....

Thread at RCRC

Wooly's Offroad

Off of exit 27 on I-65 in TN (it's wrong in the RCRC thread), about an hour or so north of Huntsville.  Why don't you guys join us?  We'd love to talk to an International/PSD expert.

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Merlin...I would love to join ya'll but I think the consensus is Coalmine. I'm not sure how we are going to coalmine when there are landowner issues and gates w/ locks on them but the guys over at the other forum seem to think we can make it.
Just in case we DON'T go to coalmine, can you tell me where and when ya'll are going to meet that Sat. morning? Its a possibility We might tag along with yall.......Wooleys looks like a kewl place to go.

GhostCat
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW.....I worked for International Diesel (over by the airport) for 3-years but I no longer work there. I was there from the startup when we were making the transition from the 7.3 to the 6.0
We had alot of quality problems at the beginning but when I left we were making an AWESOME engine and they still are today.
I wish I had he money to buy one.......

GhostCat
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Merlin...I would love to join ya'll but I think the consensus is Coalmine. I'm not sure how we are going to coalmine when there are landowner issues and gates w/ locks on them but the guys over at the other forum seem to think we can make it.
Just in case we DON'T go to coalmine, can you tell me where and when ya'll are going to meet that Sat. morning? Its a possibility We might tag along with yall.......Wooleys looks like a kewl place to go.

GhostCat

GC,

*Probably* we'll meet at the Piggly Wiggly on Hwy 53 (Jordan Lane) at the intersection with Jeff Road at 8 AM Saturday morning.  I'll keep you up to date here if plans change.

Sorry to hear you don't work at International anymore, but it would still be VERY INTERESTING to hear from an expert who helped build the 6.0 PSD engine.  We have a lot of fans of the PSD in the club who'd love to talk to you about it.

Good luck with Coalmine and make sure take a bunch of pics.  And pick up the trash as you go, it will help with the landowner issues.

Thanks,

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top