Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:09:46 PM EDT
The Shriner's here in town host 3 shows a year, January, May and September. I always rent a couple tables at their shows (I'm a Mason) and it's the only shows I rent tables at...
I took 4 moderately priced handguns, an SKS, a 1924 Yugo Mauser, a K31 Swiss, a Winchester 94 (65 model)a Win 7mm-08 NIB, and a M1A to put on my tables
I have aquired the following today

Rem 700 308 VSSF (LNIB w/mounts and bipod)

Rem 700 CDL .243 LNIB

Rem 700 Deluxe in 6MM Rem

Marlin 39A (mint)

Colt match target AR with Kreiger Stainless barrel,

and a S&W model 60....

and still have the Win 7MM-08! and all the money I took to the show except the table rent...

Now I did buy a few guns not mentioned but I subsequently traded them for others + - cash to end up where I am now...

It was a great day.... I needed one as I've had my share of bad ones.... LOL

Can't wait until tomorrow!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:10:27 AM EDT
I went to the Shriner's Gun Show and it sucked (as usual). If you were in the market for a flintlock or breechloader then you might have got your $4 admission worth. Prices were astonomical and what was for sale was really just junk.

The fairgrounds gun shows are pretty good though.

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:05:12 PM EDT
Well... they had over 4,000 people through there this weekend and A LOT of merchandise changed hands.... I had to run home Saturday afternoon and bring more guns back to the show as I was about sold out.... Brought more again on Sunday..

I sold 15 guns over the 2 days and wasn't giving anything away... but had priced everything fairly. I purchased 8... 2 from guys with tables and the rest from guys that walked in.

I didn't see many black powder rifles at all.

The fairgrounds shows are much smaller, MOST of the tables are bought by the same 4 out of town/state dealers all the time and they have the same junk every show.

I've rarely found anything at those shows worth buying or that could be bought at a fair price.

Just shows you..... two guys go to the same show, one hated it the other loved it!

Sorry you didn't find what you wanted or couldn't negotiate a price on what you did.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:33:57 PM EDT
So surely that Mossy MUST be calling to you, right???

Woody

Top Top