Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 7:09:46 PM EDT
The Shriner's here in town host 3 shows a year, January, May and September. I always rent a couple tables at their shows (I'm a Mason) and it's the only shows I rent tables at...
I took 4 moderately priced handguns, an SKS, a 1924 Yugo Mauser, a K31 Swiss, a Winchester 94 (65 model)a Win 7mm-08 NIB, and a M1A to put on my tables
I have aquired the following today

Rem 700 308 VSSF (LNIB w/mounts and bipod)

Rem 700 CDL .243 LNIB

Rem 700 Deluxe in 6MM Rem

Marlin 39A (mint)

Colt match target AR with Kreiger Stainless barrel,

and a S&W model 60....

and still have the Win 7MM-08! and all the money I took to the show except the table rent...

Now I did buy a few guns not mentioned but I subsequently traded them for others + - cash to end up where I am now...

It was a great day.... I needed one as I've had my share of bad ones.... LOL

Can't wait until tomorrow!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to the Shriner's Gun Show and it sucked (as usual).  If you were in the market for a flintlock or breechloader then you might have got your $4 admission worth.  Prices were astonomical and what was for sale was really just junk.

The fairgrounds gun shows are pretty good though.

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Well... they had over 4,000 people through there this weekend and A LOT of merchandise changed hands....  I had to run home Saturday afternoon and bring more guns back to the show as I was about sold out....  Brought more again on Sunday..

I sold 15 guns over the 2 days and wasn't giving anything away... but had priced everything fairly.  I purchased 8... 2 from guys with tables and the rest from guys that walked in.

I didn't see many black powder rifles at all.

The fairgrounds shows are much smaller, MOST of the tables are bought by the same 4 out of town/state dealers all the time and they have the same junk every show.

I've rarely found anything at those shows worth buying or that could be bought at a fair price.

Just shows you..... two guys go to the same show, one hated it the other loved it!

Sorry you didn't find what you wanted or couldn't negotiate a price on what you did.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
So surely that Mossy MUST be calling to you, right???

Woody

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top