Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 6:57:01 AM EDT
It is once again time to gather together in much comradery to spray lead down range.

The 4 times in the past we have done this, no one gave me much feedback on a dates and times.  So this time I just picked one, and I hope it works out for many of you.  The time will be 1:00pm.

I sent out a feeler email to the 18 people I have on my list, but didnt receive many returns.  But, of the 7 I got back, 6 were positive.  I hope the rest of you were just out of town during the holidays
and will be able to attend.  We have have growing numbers each shoot, and would like to continue
that trend.

As always everyone is welcome to attend, and we dont discriminate if you have another flavor of assault rifle.  In fact bring em.  I like to shoot other platforms.  I will be breaking in my new 9mm AR this trip, so bring and share your toys Santa brought you.

Below is a list of club members and their participation in this shoot as of 1/13/06.  The number in parenthesis is the number of shoots they have attended and the * is the competition winner from last time.

A_free_man...........MAYBE
BigAL(2).....................YES
Thebaldavenger.....UNLIKELY
GlockGuru..............?
*Calvaryjim(1)..............SLIGHT CHANCE
Skiandshoot............?
Cajunmojo(3)...............YES
Zack3g...................UNLIKELY
Szurgot(4)...................YES
Huggybro................NO
LA_confederate(1)......?
Professorchaos.......?
TooTall....................?
Buckmaw................?
Brians_45(1)...............YES
Pulpsmack(1)............MAYBE
Ronnie66...............NO
TheMaddMan(1).........?

Picture of the sought after competition trophy. YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT!

Link to SHOOT #4 is HERE

Please post here with your intentions of attendance.  Hope to see you there.

SZURGOT
Logistics Coordinator extraordinaire
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
pending catastrophe.....I'm there.  My Christmas present is begging to be shot some more!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:34:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Not looking good for me. I think I'll be at work. Should know for sure in the next few days.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:57:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not looking good for me. I think I'll be at work. Should know for sure in the next few days.

That is two in a row you would be missing.  Maybe you should take a look at your priorities, work or shooting.  A clear choice IMHO, eating is way over rated.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:11:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is two in a row you would be missing.  Maybe you should take a look at your priorities, work or shooting.  A clear choice IMHO, eating is way over rated.

I could stand to miss a few meals. But I couldn't deal with the bitching that I'd hear if my wife had to sleep outside after the house was repo'd
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I will most likely be at work for this one, as well. :/
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I will not be able to make this one. I am working..
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Raise your hand if you have a job where you dont work weekends.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to drive down but school starts back up on the 17th and I don't have my AR yet so add me on the list for the next one. Hopefully I'll be able to make it and have my AR by then haha.
P.S. Someone better bring a camera and "entice" all of us who can't make it to come to the next one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'd love to drive down but school starts back up on the 17th and I don't have my AR yet so add me on the list for the next one. Hopefully I'll be able to make it and have my AR by then haha.
P.S. Someone better bring a camera and "entice" all of us who can't make it to come to the next one.

Well, I have been dying to post a pic of my new 9mm and maybe it will "entice" more people to come to this one.  This shitty pic doesnt do it justice, come out, shoot it and find out for yourself.  Check the link on the first post for pictures from the last shoot.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Where exactly is the range and what time?

I have to be at work for 3PM, I'd like to go though
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Where exactly is the range and what time?

I have to be at work for 3PM, I'd like to go though

Sherborne is about an hour out of BR towards Lafayette.  We were planning on going for about 1:00, so 3:00 is probably not doable unless you have a REALLY FAST car.

We might could change it to earlier in the day if those going want to.  I am good either way, that time has just worked out well in the past, but it is not written in stone.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't believe I'll get to make it this time, either. But, miracles do happen................

Jim
tba
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Put me back on the "Probably" list
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I should be able to make it. Gonna be picking up a new Colt tomorrow or on Wed so I need to test it out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Put me back on the "Probably" list

I take it back, you dont suck.  Dont forget your AK.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I should be able to make it. Gonna be picking up a new Colt tomorrow or on Wed so I need to test it out.

You still suck, but I'm glad you'll be there anyway.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#17]
i'm in BR but sherborne is too far for me to do w/ the schedule i have right now.  maybe if it were at the gonzales police range.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:00:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I checked the weather forecast for this weekend, and it is NOT looking good for Saturday.  For those of you who are interested, how does Sunday work for you.  Same time, next day - which according to the weather man SHOULD be clear.   Also, bear in mind, it is early in the week so this could change and the weather man has been know to be wrong once or twice.  I just wanted to see if Sunday were a total NO-GO or a possibility, if need be.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I should be able to make it either day barring a last minute call from work.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I should also be able to make sunday.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I should be able to make it on Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#22]
I just looked at weather.com and they seem to think that there is a 0% chance of rain on Saturday now.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#23]
well shit, lets make up our minds.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
well shit, lets make up our minds.

I knew the shit-ass weather man would change his mind.  The good news is that everyone who could do it on Saturday, can do it on Sunday as well.  The fer-sure's are myself, Cajunmojo, BigAL, Bryans_45.  And we have some maybe's like pulpsmack and A_free_man.

I am not starting a frickin poll for this, so chime in if you have a preference on these two days.  If it rains on the day we decide on, we go to the weather mans house for some target practice with his china.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#25]
lets do it saturday, The sooner the better hell, lets go now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The sooner the better hell, lets go now.

Raise your hand if your at home bored.  <-------Cajunmojo

62 degrees and sunny as of now on Saturday, sounds like perfect shooting weather.

I say we go ASAP too, before you get called to work or something else happens to screw us up.

<-------szurgot
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I vote Saturday!  I probably have to work on Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:10:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Forecast for Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 62F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.

So that seals it.  We will go with our original date and time of Saturday Jan. 14th at 1:00p.m. at
Shereburne WMA.  

Come one, come all.  The Swedish bikini team will be there, but a little late do to a prior engagement at a frat house on the campus of LSU.

Don't forget your guns, ammo, targets, stapler, drinks, snacks, wma card, etc.

Hope to see some of you "maybe's" and "MIA's" out there.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got back in town....gotta do family stuff tomorrow.

Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm home. A day late and a dollar short, it would seem.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Only two half-assed pics from this one.  It was only Szurgot, Cajun Mojo and myself.  The rest of you losers missed out!  Here are the only pics that came out worth a damn, since I didn't have my good camera with me.

Cajun Mojo attempting to shoot Minute Of Barn Door with Szurgot's new 9mm :

Szurgot trying to do the same :

Since I took the pictures, you were all lucky enough to be spared the image of me shooting.

Needless to say, a good time was had by all and I hope to see more of you next time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#32]
You're lucky I didn't have a camera, I'd have taken a pic of you trying to blow up a balloon
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
You're lucky I didn't have a camera, I'd have taken a pic of you trying to blow up a balloon

"Trying", being the key word.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Trying", being the key word.

Don't be hard on me just because ya'll are the "Blowing Experts"
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like all of us are better a having a pissing contest than at shooting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top