Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 6:47:14 PM EDT
I'm looking for a place to shoot in southeast Louisiana that offers a range over 100 yds.  I frequent the Honey Island range just north of Slidell, but 100yds gets old fast.  Looking for somewhere I can reach out to 300 yards or more.  Anybody know of a public range within easy (under 2 hr) driving distance from Covington/Mandeville area?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm looking for a place to shoot in southeast Louisiana that offers a range over 100 yds.  I frequent the Honey Island range just north of Slidell, but 100yds gets old fast.  Looking for somewhere I can reach out to 300 yards or more.  Anybody know of a public range within easy (under 2 hr) driving distance from Covington/Mandeville area?

more than welcome to come to one of our shoots in pascagoula  pascagouladcm.com
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Palo Alto in the Donaldsonville area . . . . . .

They have a 600 yard range, and some other distances as well.  I believe you have to become

a member; but from what I've heard, it's a nice range.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:50:16 AM EDT
[#3]
There is also Southern Shooting Center in Houma.  I have never been there but it seems nice.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The Southern Shooting Center is a really nice facility (btw, it's in Thibodaux, not Houma).  There's also the Ascension Parish Sherrif's Office range next to the Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales.  That range is open to the public on certain days of the week and they have 50, 100 and 300 yard ranges.   Contact the APSO for open dates.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Palo Alto in the Donaldsonville area . . . . . .

They have a 600 yard range, and some other distances as well.  I believe you have to become

a member; but from what I've heard, it's a nice range.

i'm a palo alto member.  if you shoot often, its worth the fee.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Southern Shooting Center is good, but I think that they are very pricey. ???
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

To be a member its $200 a year or if you are not a member its $20 for 2 hours of range time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To be a member its $200 a year or if you are not a member its $20 for 2 hours of range time.

that's more expensive than palo alto for the exception of the 1st year, which includes an initiation fee.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top