Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 9:31:37 AM EDT
I posted this in the AR forum, but would like to ensure local opinions!

Ok..so it's decision time. I know I will be making another purchase for the collection between now on Jan. 31st. I am trying to decide on staying within the current collection by adding a top shelf 6.8 upper or diversifying and picking up a JLD HK in .308. I know these are totally different beasts but I've thought over the following:

Price wise, a top shelf 6.8 upper is not significantly cheaper than the JLD rifle

Ammo: No contest there (at least currently) .308 all the way.

Utility: 6.8 has some good performance reviews, but no one can really argue the .308 is a stopper.

"New toy" factor: For me it's a toss up. Never owned.fired either a 6.8 or a JLD HK

ETA:   Put in a poll and actually added the FAL clone

So Hive mind. help me out !
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I say go with the HK .308.  You need to put up a poll.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Go fer a 308.

Easier to find ammo and a lot more fun!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Hard to find "reliable" 6.8 ammo.  I bought a batch from Silver State Armory and the ammo malfunctioned and destroyed my 6.8 barrell head.gif.  308 is better IMO.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top