Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 8:32:01 AM EDT
I traded for a new AR upper at the last Funshow in B'ham.  All i can rember [i misplaced their card]is the company was from Slidell, Louisianna and they were informative and courteous.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#1]

I met him at the gunshow the other day in Gonzales, LA. Very nice guy and hopefully I will be purchasing a few things from him in the future.

He has some stuff for sale on the EE, his screenname is "VGUNS". I have his email addy around here somewhere also.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
decoke76,  thanks for your reply.  He is indeed freindly and very knowledgeable.  I went to the range yesterday and his upper refused to hiccup.  I was pleasanty surprised.  Went through the break-in process because he assured me that it wasn't chrome lined but the chamber was highly polished. I have a chrome lined dissapator and i want accuracy.  Sold my DPMS some time back, got a varmint style and it just would not blow my skirt like a 20" A2 model.  Now to roll some rounds and find out what it likes. da "short" one out
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Y'all would be talking about Vern Slunaker.  I've had a couple of dealings with him and they've been great so far!  You can e-mail him at [email protected] or find him around here sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#4]
WWoodworth, thanks for your info.  Vern sent an eail reply today.  Now i remember why visiting this site is so worthwile.  BTW, any reccomendations as to who sells AR goodies at reasonable prices?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Sounds like you got linked up with Vern.

If he doesnt have what your looking for try:

www.adcofirearms.com

www.fultonarmory.com

www.georgiaprecision.com

All three have great service and great prices.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#6]
dcoke76, they say confession is good for the soul and sometimes we do a 360...  My first major dollar [to my budget] rifle was an AR and the addiction grew.  Then came the Contender types [this bug still exists also] followed by the accuracy bug with those "sniper" rifles.  You know the ones, those that have optics and BIG bullets [roflmao] Alas my AR Dissy has new company with a RRA lower FN upper 20" Wilson barrel. It seems the new wears off after i have a load developed.  I guess that means i'm back on the reloading bench.   Oh well, some people march to the beat of a different drummer while others just stand there and do the twist... loy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top