Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/7/2003 8:32:01 AM EDT
I traded for a new AR upper at the last Funshow in B'ham. All i can rember [i misplaced their card]is the company was from Slidell, Louisianna and they were informative and courteous.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:40:18 AM EDT

I met him at the gunshow the other day in Gonzales, LA. Very nice guy and hopefully I will be purchasing a few things from him in the future.

He has some stuff for sale on the EE, his screenname is "VGUNS". I have his email addy around here somewhere also.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:38:00 PM EDT
decoke76, thanks for your reply. He is indeed freindly and very knowledgeable. I went to the range yesterday and his upper refused to hiccup. I was pleasanty surprised. Went through the break-in process because he assured me that it wasn't chrome lined but the chamber was highly polished. I have a chrome lined dissapator and i want accuracy. Sold my DPMS some time back, got a varmint style and it just would not blow my skirt like a 20" A2 model. Now to roll some rounds and find out what it likes. da "short" one out
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:19:05 PM EDT
Y'all would be talking about Vern Slunaker. I've had a couple of dealings with him and they've been great so far! You can e-mail him at pjvj@earthlink.net or find him around here sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:29:50 PM EDT
WWoodworth, thanks for your info. Vern sent an eail reply today. Now i remember why visiting this site is so worthwile. BTW, any reccomendations as to who sells AR goodies at reasonable prices?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:05:16 AM EDT

Sounds like you got linked up with Vern.

If he doesnt have what your looking for try:

www.adcofirearms.com

www.fultonarmory.com

www.georgiaprecision.com

All three have great service and great prices.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:28:54 AM EDT
dcoke76, they say confession is good for the soul and sometimes we do a 360... My first major dollar [to my budget] rifle was an AR and the addiction grew. Then came the Contender types [this bug still exists also] followed by the accuracy bug with those "sniper" rifles. You know the ones, those that have optics and BIG bullets [roflmao] Alas my AR Dissy has new company with a RRA lower FN upper 20" Wilson barrel. It seems the new wears off after i have a load developed. I guess that means i'm back on the reloading bench. Oh well, some people march to the beat of a different drummer while others just stand there and do the twist... loy
Top Top