Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2003 11:53:22 AM EDT
There is a local TV station that features a morning show here with Jamie and Gloria Cooper. Jamie is a real nut, not to sure about Gloria yet, never met her. Anyway, I have a youth firearms safety day coming up on 16 August at Swan Creek Range. They want me to come on the show and talk about that as well as bring a few of my mguns. They are talking about doing a half hour show on firearms, Jamie owns the station by the way. It would be real nice if I could work this into a regular weekly show featuring firearms and shooting. I will post more info as I get it.

Tony G
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Tony, good luck with you opportunity to speak about our great pastime on TV. I hope it's not an ambush and you have better luck than I did. I met one of our local reporters at our store / range a few years ago and they were interviewing the owner. Since I had weapons with me they asked me to demonstrate them on film for their piece. She spent a lot of time on camera asking about each gun and even got talking about reloading. Lastly, they took out a full length mirror and asked me to shoot into it as the cameraman positioned himself to get a good shot. They told me it would be a safe way of appearing as if they were downrange looking toward me. I fired a round from my 44 mag into a target. As we were finishing they said Heh let's shoot the mirror and I did. Needless to say when the "story" aired our hour or so of interview was nothing but a lead-in to a segment about violent gun crimes. It only showed a glimpse of me as I appeared to raise my gun and shoot the viewer in the face with a 44! No interview or anything about the sport. What a sucker!

Good luck,

Jim
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I know what you mean BF, I have done several TV shows in the past. I have been on American Shooter about 10-12 times now, and did a bunch of segments on the Johnny Rowland show. The local CBS affiliate here did a lot of air time for us a few years back and put it all in a good light. They saved the film and have used it in the past for some lead ins to other stories that were not so flattering (they had a change in management). There is no way we can protect ourselfs from this type of misleading reporting, but I try. At least we get a little air time to show the positive side of our sport and that helps a little. DAMN!! I hate politics.

Tony G
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you to be on their show on the 16th?  Any of your American Shooter shows still airing on OLN?

Rick
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I am scheduled to appear on Jamie and Glorias show Monday 14 July, maybe 16 July as well. The American Shooter show is running reruns so I am not too sure when or if I will be on again.

Tony G
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I was informed today that they want me to be there about 0600. Gloria asked me to bring some firearms, "not too big" though HEHEHEHEEE. Not sure what i will bring along, I will have to think about this one.

Tony G
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Dummy me, the show is done live, right?  I can pick it up, but just barely, and as you can imagine, Direct TV doesn't offer it as a local station :)  I'll be watching!

How about taking an M16, and maybe a beltfed from WW2?

Rick
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:08:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I was on this AM and all went well, uhhh almost!!! We were doing well, Gloria used one of the guns, an M16 while doing the weather. We had the guns,(a suppressed Ruger, a suppressed 10/22 and an M16) on the set. when we came on Jamie and Gloria talked about the guns a bit and the upcoming Youth Firearms Safety day. Got to talk about the proper way to purchase an NFA weapon and was really getting into it, when the lights went out!!!! There was a power surge and it tripped all of the protection devices at the station. Took about ten minutes to get it all back on line and that was the end of my segment. Send them an Email and tell them if you liked the segment and that you would like to see more about the shooting sports and weapons. This may get them to have us back on for more accurate information we can give the public. Their Email is; <[email protected]>
Flood them with emails and we may get our own little segment, after all we, ARE THE GOOD GUYS!!!

Tony G
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:40:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Email has been sent to "ZTV" about the show.  I didn't catch it during the live segment but I did see the rebound show.  I think you did good, especially with the question Jamie asked about why would you want to own a MG.

Rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top