Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 9:42:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I can gather, Mr. Price had already been in some hot water over his partying ways.  I completely agree with the firing, he had no business trying to pay for everything with University funds.  Better for him to get gone now before things went any farther.  Also I'm quite sure there is more to this than we've been told.

Rick
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think going to the strip club is what got him in trouble.  I think it was the woman, who was NOT his wife, that ordered $1000 of room service and charged it to the University of Alabama charge card, that got him in trouble!!!

He had already been warned of his actions off the field by the UA officials.

The local news station here in Mobile did a story on it the other night and had a camera in the strip club he went to.  There were some nasty looking women dancing in there!!!  I do believe he could have found a nicer club to go to!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Man I agree with that.  Did you see the one he paid a couple of hundred to for the lap dances?  Looked like she had been rode hard and put up wet (twice!).  He must have been drunker that ole Cooter Brown to have paid for anything from her.  

Yeah, the room service thing was the final straw.  Good riddance I say.  Looks like he would have kept a low profile until he had somw wins under his belt.

Rick
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:02:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#5]
He charged everything on a University Credit Card.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#6]
WHO????

(sorry, Im an Auburn fan)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WHO????

(sorry, Im an Auburn fan)

Your apology for your obvious lack of taste and good sense is graciously accepted.

Seriously, though, I'm glad he's gone.  We could do a lot worse than Mike Shula - I hope the negotiations work out...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well I see it only took 4 months.  You guys don't like coaches going to strip clubs down there?

No, we just don't like coaches PERIOD down here.  (At least not since the days of Bear and Shug.)  We routinely fire/run off/tar & feather better coaches in this state than most schools will ever get (except on the rebound from us, that is...).  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well I see it only took 4 months.  You guys don't like coaches going to strip clubs down there?

No, we just don't like coaches PERIOD down here.  (At least not since the days of Bear and Shug.)  We routinely fire/run off/tar & feather better coaches in this state than most schools will ever get (except on the rebound from us, that is...).  

There's a good possibility that we would get even better coaches if we would let Shug & Bear actually die!

Rick
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:31:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There's a good possibility that we would get even better coaches if we would let Shug & Bear actually die!

Rick

BLASPHEMY!

edited to add:
Seriously, it's not that we haven't gotten good coaches since the "good ole days" - we just run them all off.  I'm a 'Bama fan (and I pull for Auburn when they're playing anyone BUT 'Bama), but I get disgusted with the football FANatics here sometimes - especially their treatment of the coaches.  Remember Bill Curry?  Remember the 1989 season when the ONLY regular-season game he didn't win was the Auburn game?  His reward?  A BRICK THROUGH HIS WINDOW!  Really makes someone want to come take the head coach job in Tuscaloosa, eh?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Well you know Majors lost his job at UT because he could never beat Bama.  You're right about Bama coaches, beat Auburn or find another job!  

Rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top