Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2017 3:04:34 PM EDT
Hey fellow Arfcommers.  From Michigan and some buddies and I are going to the Indiana vs Michigan game in Oct.  Anyone familiar with the area would appreciate hotel, bars, Breweries, and other activities to do.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
We stayed at the holiday inn express a few times and it was decent. We also stayed at spring hill which is about 15 blocks or so from the campus. Basically you walk about three blocks up and you are downtown where all the bars and food is.

Upland food was not all that hot. Kind of had that farm fresh vibe but was mediocre.

Bloomington brew was ok for beers. More middle of the road but I like a good IPA. I know hipster!

Uptown cafe was pretty good.   Had a few different beers there from the area that were good.

Bloomington brew was good also.  

Jankos looked good but my kid is kind of a vegetarian ??

There was a small breakfast place right on the Corner by the court house that was awesome. I can't recall the name tho it had some outdoor seating also.

There are tons of small places and food trucks up by the court house with plenty of bars. Again a college town so expect hipsters and homeless beggars.  

Enjoy the campus it is beautiful.  

I know I'm forgetting a few places , my daughter might remember.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Shameless business plug: (that's us )

http://www.acornridgebedandbreakfast.com/

We aren't in Bloomington, but we do get IU parents.

Special note: You can bring bows and firearms and shoot ( 50yds - for both)
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Brewery: if you're up for getting away from the crowds about 30 minutes south of Bloomington is Salt Creek Brewery. It's a microbrewery in an old auto garage. They used to have good food but the last time I was there (~2 yrs ago) they changed their menu and it was mediocre. The beer was good though; I used to live 5 minutes down the road.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top