Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2017 10:48:21 AM EDT
I filed in November.  It was her choice for a divorce but I was the one that finally filed after she moved out.  She hasn't/won't fill out financial declaration forms or take the parenting class.  My lawyer finally got a property separation agreement together guessing on her financial stuff and sent it to her.  She's had it a week or more.  She said she won't sign.  What are the options to move this forward?
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Have your lawyer sue her for divorce. Court should then compel her to participate in the process or face sanctions (meaning you'll probably get what you ask for since she's MIA on purpose).

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a lawyer but that's how I would proceed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#2]
My lawyer is moving this along, requiring us to go to mediation.  A final court date is set for July 18.  The ex just got a lawyer last Friday so hopefully they don't request a delay.  The only thing we are not in agreement on is custody of our daughter.  Ex wants her to live with her full time giving me every other weekend and Wednesdays.  Though for the last 14 months or so living apart I've had daughter Mondays and Tuesdays and every other weekend.  I think that precedence will be on my side.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My lawyer is moving this along, requiring us to go to mediation.  A final court date is set for July 18.  The ex just got a lawyer last Friday so hopefully they don't request a delay.  The only thing we are not in agreement on is custody of our daughter.  Ex wants her to live with her full time giving me every other weekend and Wednesdays.  Though for the last 14 months or so living apart I've had daughter Mondays and Tuesdays and every other weekend.  I think that precedence will be on my side.
View Quote
uh, yeah....dont spend a ton of money fighting whats not going to happen. The standard is every other weekend and every Wednesday in the state. It deviate from that the mother would have to be a huge POS for the judge to agree with your schedule. Just my opinion, its worth what you paid for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top