Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2017 3:17:24 PM EDT
Except on duty LEOs

Sign post at Winimac last week. Discussed with property manager and it's for all ranges
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I guess concealed means concealed then.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#2]
DNR

It is allowed with license at our state parks but is not allowed at DNR state parks. Huh?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
WW in new castle has been that way for a while
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DNR

It is allowed with license at our state parks but is not allowed at DNR state parks. Huh?
View Quote
My thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Possible safety issues with poor weapon handling?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't used the Winamac range since they implemented this.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I was at Tri-County in Syracuse a few weeks back. Unholstered my carry and signed in, noticed the RO was carrying. I asked why he was able to carry and I wasn't. Never got a reply.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#8]
What kind of bullshit is this?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I've heard more than one story of people stealing guns while people are checking targets. Not being able to carry even though that is a thing is absurd.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've heard more than one story of people stealing guns while people are checking targets. Not being able to carry even though that is a thing is absurd.
View Quote
Didn't even think of that. Glad I have a membership at a rifle club.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 2:11:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep, ran into that I went to the Sugar Ridge rifle range in Pike county. Same place doesn't allow you to fire quicker than one shot every.... 5 seconds I think. I've gotten to where I prefer going to a range that's much closer and indoors. Uncle Rudy's. You can have your gun on you and fire as fast as you want, provided you can control it. The downside is you can't shoot farther than 25 yards, and certain calibers are prohibited, due only to the fact the backstop they use will get dented with more powerful rounds.  I think the max at Sugar Ridge is 250. I can have fun with my M1 at Rudy's, but I don't think I can go any heavier without having to go to pike county.

....I need some private property.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I've seen rules like that apply to matches, where technically only the competitors at the firing line should be carrying a loaded firearm.  I could see the rules could be expanded to cover the entire premises.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top