Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/30/2017 12:41:29 PM EDT
I hosted a shoot on my lease in the French Lick area a couple years ago and it seemed to go pretty well. Was talking with the land owner yesterday about doing it again. Let me know if anyone's interested.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good time. If I'm free on the date you choose, I'd be up for a shoot.
There are quite a few lurkers on here from my AO (Scott/Jefferson Counties) that may be interested as well. The Indiana HTF isn't very active, so it'll probably be a while before people start chiming in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I had around 20 people last time, I'd like to see a good turn out this time too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm very interested (North of French lick a short way) but am in Afghanistan until Xmas. My wife would be as well, she's a ARF-owner and lover as well.

In for '18 if you do it again next year.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Possibly, depending on the date
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Possibly, depending on the date
View Quote
I'm pretty open on dates, as long as it's not during deer season.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#6]
You are right, it wen't well. I enjoyed it. I will try and make it again. However working nights screws up my life. As soon as I see the date and time I will let you know. The clay shoot was different.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe, depending on date.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, I'm thinking early-mid September for the shoot. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in. My booger hooker is looking for a change of pace.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm Southern Indiana. Let me know and I'd love to come out
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ok, I'm thinking early-mid September for the shoot. Let me know if anyone is interested.
View Quote
That should work well for me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:32:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Interested
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in NWI, so not sure how far that is from me but I'm interested. 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#14]
This was a good time had by all who went. I had a blast and shot some guns I had never shot before. I would just advice to make sure to bring lots of sunscreen or you will turn into a lobster. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This was a good time had by all who went. I had a blast and shot some guns I had never shot before. I would just advice to make sure to bring lots of sunscreen or you will turn into a lobster. Ask me how I know.
View Quote
oh shit I forgot how burned you got.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok guys, tentatively planning on the third weekend in September, the 16th. I'll be down on the 15th to setup stuff and will stay through the 17th. May consider camping this year, depending on weather. For those of you unaware of the location, it's about 2 hours south of Indy. Maybe you long distance guys can get together and carpool? May be possible to carpool with some of the guys from my area (Fort Wayne). There's several hotels in the area, or camping my be possible.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
oh shit I forgot how burned you got.
View Quote
I was absolutely fucking roasted by the time we got home that night.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok guys, tentatively planning on the third weekend in September, the 16th. I'll be down on the 15th to setup stuff and will stay through the 17th. May consider camping this year, depending on weather. For those of you unaware of the location, it's about 2 hours south of Indy. Maybe you long distance guys can get together and carpool? May be possible to carpool with some of the guys from my area (Fort Wayne). There's several hotels in the area, or camping my be possible.
View Quote
I am down for sure. I would recommend us meeting at the motel like we did last year so you can drive us in.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I always find out about this stuff too late.  This could be fun...what the hell.  I'm down for meeting up with total strangers and shooting guns.  Put me down as interested in more info as it becomes available.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am down for sure. I would recommend us meeting at the motel like we did last year so you can drive us in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely plan on doing that. If you aren't familiar with the area it's hard to give directions.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Definitely plan on doing that. If you aren't familiar with the area it's hard to give directions.
View Quote
X87
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Schedule pending, I'm interested.
Bartholomew County area
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hell, I followed you into the spot and I couldn't of gave someone directions as we were driving in.   
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I am in.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Working on some good targets for us. I've got an old water heater I'm bringing down. I'll probably have some barrels and buckets again. The landowner is going to have some stuff too. Anything you guys want to bring down, that won't make a huge mess, feel free to bring it. The landowner loves Tannerite, feel free to bring some. Going to be a good time.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh yeah, got this built last night.

Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Can't in September, sorry fellas. Hope you all have fun.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
the 15th is my birthday.

I'm also on vacation for most of September
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#29]
I hope to make it this year. It's only about a 15 minute drive for me
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm new to the state, but meeting up with the locals sounds like a hoot. I don't have much for exotic weapons to bring, but someone could have a go with the Garands if you're interested. 

Staying tuned....
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#31]
On my way home from the property now. Discussed targets with the land owner a bit, he should have some pumpkins for us and said he would come up with some other stuff by then. He really wants to see some tannerite go off. I'll probably pick up some. Anyone have leads on a cheap source?

Thinking about doing a cookout afterwards. If there's any interest in that let me know and we can get stuff planned. Camping will also be possible for anyone who wants to bring a tent down. I'll be staying on the property all weekend.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm new to the state, but meeting up with the locals sounds like a hoot. I don't have much for exotic weapons to bring, but someone could have a go with the Garands if you're interested. 

Staying tuned....
View Quote
Anything is welcome. I'll have a variety of targets at various ranges from 50-200 yards as well as clays. It will be fun for any type of guns.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I would be in, if I don't have anything going on that weekend.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll officially be out of the state
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Are we going to try and start early morning like we did last year or more afternoon?

I am going to go to some dirt track races in Haubstadt that night but am still in for earlier day if it's like last year.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Are we going to try and start early morning like we did last year or more afternoon?

I am going to go to some dirt track races in Haubstadt that night but am still in for earlier day if it's like last year.
View Quote
We can start earier and go all day. I'm going to try to get most of the stuff setup on Friday.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:16:35 AM EDT
[#37]
That works for me as long as I can get that day off of work from my new job!

Anybody have a CZ Scorpion or Sig MPX by chance?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That works for me as long as I can get that day off of work from my new job!

Anybody have a CZ Scorpion or Sig MPX by chance?
View Quote
My buddy has a post sample Scorpion he will bring, if he makes it down. He claims it's better than a MP5. I guess we'll have to do a head to head shoot and see.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Is this open to non-Hoosiers?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is this open to non-Hoosiers?
View Quote
Yea, one out of stater is already coming.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Shoot's about 3 weeks away. I just left my property, the landowner came up with a tannerite fueled pumpkin cannon. I've got a good source for tannerite, if anyone wants to order some. I got a 50lb sack of it. Camping will definitely be a possibility for anyone who wants to stay. Also, definitely doing a cookout after the shoot.

Everyone who is planning on attending needs to IM me and we can exchange cell numbers. I'll send out the meeting place address via text.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#42]
IM's sent out to everyone to get an approximate head count and for meeting details.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I just got the message and thanks again (I will bring down the Barrett).
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks for the IM. I have a new puppy and a 2 year old. Puppy is driving me nuts and I might not survive leaving him with the wife for the entire day.  Hopefully I can next time
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Looks like fun. I'm going to try and make it. 
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Response to your IM sent.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Hope you all had a great time today.  I couldn't make it as my kid had a football game, Cub Scout popcorn sale booth, and a Nerf gun war/pool party (big day!), but hopefully this shoot will come around next year...and hopefully I can attend then.  Guess I'll have to get my shooting fix at the Creek in October.  Many thanks to those that made this shoot possible, even if I couldn't be there.  I'd love to see some pics if you guys took any today.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Big thanks to sp3working for putting this together. I got a few pictures of the impressive hardware selection and I'll post a little later after I get them reduced from the full DSLR resolution. I think everyone had I good time. I'm sorry I had to bail out early, but we're still busy finishing up with the moving process and SWMBO had things for me to do. On the down side, it was pretty warm out for much of the afternoon. Can't do much about that!

Overview of the range, with large targets at full range (water heaters, etc), pumpkins and buckets in the short to mid range (along with the ever-smoking punkin' chunkin' cannon), and the sun shelters and 50 cal up front.

Attachment Attached File

Everything from tomato stakes to class III spread around. Mounted machine guns, thousands of rounds of ammo, fellow deplorables, and pounds of tannerite. Who could ask for more?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Just finally got unloaded and settled in from the weekend. I'm totally shot, the mid 80°+ temps and full sun took it's toll, as well as all the beer and Captain on Friday and Saturday nights.

The shoot went great. Had 16 shooters total throughout the day from noon to six. Lots of cool stuff got brought out. Had a full auto M11/9, 2 M16's, MP5, MP5K, AK47, RPD and 1919. Several of the big bores, a Barrett M82A1, Winchester 70's in .458 Win Mag and .375 H&H and a really well setup Savage 110 BA .300 Win Mag. There were all sorts of other stuff from WW2 classics to modern semi autos to grandpas hunting rifles. We had an array of "targets" consisting of the above mentioned water heaters, buckets, a barrel, jugs, plenty of pumpkins and tannerite. I got my tannerite from a bulk source and it seemed I had to play with my mixture ratio a bit till I got it right. Once I figured it out we got to work on blowing through the 50 pound sack of it. The pumpkin cannon took an early beating, the side blew out of the tube shortly after the shoot started, then all of the hay inside caught fire and smoldered for hours like a smoke stack. We tried the "skeet shoot" this year with a Remington TAC 14 870, it worked about as well as the M16 at the last shoot.

I'd like to thank everyone who made it, a few of you made 4+ hour drives. Everything went well, despite the unrelenting heat and sun. I plan on hosting another shoot in the future and hope more can make it. I'll be posting some pics and videos me and others shot. If anyone else has anything they want to post that would be great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Starting with a few pics-

The firing line

Chuck1919 on my Ramo 1919

Brick on my MP5K

A buddy on KOBK's Barrett

A buddy on my MP5K

Chuck1919 with his TAC 14

My sister even came down and joined in with my MP5

The aftermath of two 8 pound jugs of tannerite
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top