Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/8/2016 7:24:49 PM EDT
What the hell is the deal with that place, they seem to have an active classifieds but 50 posts to sell anything damn. I can see 10-15 but 50 is a lot especially for a slow moving forum.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What the hell is the deal with that place, they seem to have an active classifieds but 50 posts to sell anything damn. I can see 10-15 but 50 is a lot especially for a slow moving forum.
View Quote

That's not uncommon among numerous forums... it's their way of ensuring you're an active member (the classifieds are a free service offered to active members, not a free sales site with a free discussion board)... that being said, another way to affirm that you plan to remain an active member after you've sold your item is for you to pay the $10 or $15 to become a site supporter and you can instantly post (as soon as your membership is activated by the staff)....
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been on there some but never posted much.

What are you selling?
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah , I dont hang there much either.

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm on there. Don't post very often. I don't like the classifieds rule either, but it's their board. I missed out on a really nice shortened and threaded CZ .22 Mag a few weeks ago because of the rule.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#7]
You can become a paying member then email adim and they will unlock you.

I only use their EE for the most part.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm over there, both to buy and to post...  After being around several boards not run as well as ARF, I agree with their 50 post rule.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Their site, their rules.
I think the 50 GOOD post rule is great (it is supposed to be 50 quality posts. not just +1 and dumb shit.
They want to build a community where people contribute.  
There are a lot of fudds on the board but it works well for them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm there as well.  It's a discussion forum that happens to have a classified section, not the other way around.  50 quality posts isn't too difficult, espescially if you see something you really want.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been on there some but never posted much.

What are you selling?
View Quote

Block 1 clone. To be fair I have posts there around 30 I think, I just went to post in the classifieds and it caught me off guard. I know some people like on here ONLY use it for the ee/classifieds and I have made real posts just surprised at how high the limit was.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm on there. I really like the place. I've sold a couple things on there, very quickly I might add.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep.  Mainly for USPSA announcements.

When I get around to selling some stuff I'll likely stick it on there.

You have to put up with Dog1 though which is a downside.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Their site, their rules.
I think the 50 GOOD post rule is great (it is supposed to be 50 quality posts. not just +1 and dumb shit.
They want to build a community where people contribute.  
There are a lot of fudds on the board but it works well for them.
View Quote

This covers it. I've sold and bought a few things there and have no complaints, but I had well over 50 posts before I even thought about the classifieds.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I am a member there. I don't go so much for the 'news' like I do with ARFCOM, but I do enjoy the local and nearby contacts. INGO is more personal than ARFCOM, but not as deep with content. That's why I go to both!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#17]
It's a PG-13 clubhouse compare to ARFCOM
to many asses get hurt easily and a lot of running and telling on mommy going on
It's AMAZING how a gun forum goes out of their way to try and prevent adults, from speaking like adults, about adult subjects.

And don;t try and look for me as meangun over there, this is the only site i use that handle! lol
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's a PG-13 clubhouse compare to ARFCOM
to many asses get hurt easily and a lot of running and telling on mommy going on
It's AMAZING how a gun forum goes out of their way to try and prevent adults, from speaking like adults, about adult subjects.

And don;t try and look for me as meangun over there, this is the only site i use that handle! lol
View Quote

Whatever
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:32:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Whatever
View Quote

And with that response I can tell you fit in quite well over there
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:54:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I am there, and I like the site. Yes, it is pretty strait laced, but not every firearms enthusiast wants to read poop and sexy "pirate" threads.

Have bought and sold several items through there, always had good experiences.

C'mon. 50 posts isn't THAT hard to get............
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm a member there and have sold quite a bit in the classified. Posted a bunch back in time, not so much anymore when it comes to threads.

On another note, where are these sexy "pirate" threads?? :p
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm a member there and have sold quite a bit in the classified. Posted a bunch back in time, not so much anymore when it comes to threads.

On another note, where are these sexy "pirate" threads?? :p
View Quote

You don't want to see those.
Or maybe you do. But I bat for one team and one team only.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:24:17 AM EDT
[#23]
It used to be 15 posts and then they moved the target.  I can understand the 50 post count to list items for sale.  Seems perfectly reasonable.

But less than 50 posts you cannot reply to a sale thread or IM/PM a seller.  That's just plain STUPID because they are reducing the market size and doing a disservice to their member sellers that have contributed their 50 posts.

If you happen to do a search and find an item of interest for sale there, you can't instantly generate 50 quality posts in order to contact them, and it's a lost opportunity for all parties involved.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It used to be 15 posts and then they moved the target.  I can understand the 50 post count to list items for sale.  Seems perfectly reasonable.

But less than 50 posts you cannot reply to a sale thread or IM/PM a seller.  That's just plain STUPID because they are reducing the market size and doing a disservice to their member sellers that have contributed their 50 posts.

If you happen to do a search and find an item of interest for sale there, you can't instantly generate 50 quality posts in order to contact them, and it's a lost opportunity for all parties involved.
View Quote

I completely agree. Like you, I'm not a real post whore. I listen and read a lot, and comment when i have something relevant to say. I've been on there for a while and only found a few threads that I felt like I wanted to contribute anything to. I've lost several guns on their EE that I would have jumped on because I couldn't reply or IM the seller. Oh well, their site...
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You don't want to see those.
Or maybe you do. But I bat for one team and one team only.
View Quote

You're right, I'll steer clear. Didn't quite process that right!
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm a member over there as well.  like others I also missed out a couple of guns, due to not being able to contact the seller.  But I just worked at increasing my post count over a few weeks, as I found threads I could contribute something to.  Really didn't take much time or effort.    Have met and helped out several folks over there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Don't even mention any kind of commerce over there, buying, selling, or being involved in any kind of deal unless you meet the requirements. Not even a passing comment.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm a member but really don't care about it.

Got warnings about using profanities.  Bunch of pussies.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#30]
If you're not in their "click " don't even think about making a suggestion in the front desk section of the forum,they will make sure you know it's a bad idea. They run it like it's a bunch of liberals.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL, I got banned today for posting this in that 9/11 truthers thread. They said personal threats of violence will not be tolerated... I don't know how you can be on the internet in 2017 and have never seen that posting. Oh well see ya in a month.

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm a member but almost never post there, only read once in awhile.  There's WAAAAAAY too much tinfoil being worn over there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, I got tired of it as well; haven't been on in a long time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#35]
The site has officially changed ownership within the last few months and you might find some changes from when you were last there.

As always, YMMV...
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:14:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I rarely visit. They get their panties in a wad to easily.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I like INGO for the outdoor/wildlife local info. There are also some solid LEO posters there. A local attorney contributes some thoughtful posts concerning the self-defense arena.

There are a few self-appointed wannabe "experts " there. One them showed up to a local gun class to put the instructor on "notice", and informed the instructor he had to be vetted by the INGO "cognoscenti". Which was a joke considering the instructors credentials. The instructor was not even advertising his class on INGO. The student "expert" guy was a straight up douche bag, and couldn't shoot worth a shit.

I had multiple posts deleted because the mod thought I was attempting to inflate my post count to use their classifieds which I have zero desire to use. A lot of big fish small pond ego BS there just like most of the interwebs.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#42]
There's a certain mod on there that if wasn't a mod it would be a much better place, we will just call him "Rodent"
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#44]
He gave me an infraction once because after my item was sold I edited my post to just say "Sold".
They have a rule on there that even after you sell something you have to leave the selling price on there so people can see it.  
In my opinion they are like a bunch of Liberals
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I was one the original 500 members on INGO but over the past few years, Ive quit posting on there and spending more time on arfcom. The issues with the mods seem spot on and a lot of members get upset too easily. There used to be a lot of cool people and we'd meet up but the last INGO gathering I attended was nothing but a bunch of dudes weighing at least 400lbs open carrying Bersa thunder 380's in uncle mikes holsters in a public restaurant. I was embarrassed at how a lot of the members carried themselves in public. I quickly left and won't be back
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#46]
It used to be better.  

I still enjoy watching one liberal poster rile everyone up in the politics section.  I can't decide if he's just trolling or believes what he posts.  I also can't believe he doesn't get called out for continuously moving goalposts, using fallacies, etc
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm an active INGO member and the 50 post rule never bothered me. I've made a few friends on there and had the opportunity to shoot shit that I never would've been able to shoot at one of their area group meet and shoot. Great guys if you give them the chance. Just like on ARFCOM, there's assholes everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Also don't say anything negative about open carry. I did that a few years ago and got a long scathing PM from a mod.

When he asked if I had anything in response, I said "After all that you said, I still think open carry is for retards."

His response was "I'll be watching you"

You know I used to like the place, but over the last few years the increased level of heavy handed mods and their know-it-all long time members-who are sacred cow, don't ever think about even disagreeing with them- has soured me a bit on the place.
View Quote
I've seen this as well.  Didn't get pinged by a mod but you best not have any opinion that differs from approved "groupthink" if you post on INGO.  And people say ARFCOM is an echo chamber.....

I'm assuming I'm still a member but I haven't posted or even visited in years.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I've had aan account there for a few years, but I don't post much.  I prefer here since I can swear as much as I want and call people idiots as long as I do it nicely.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#50]
 All these posts remind me on why I haven't been there in years. My account sits idle 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top