Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:55:10 PM EDT
I was driving the wifes Hemi today while my truck was in the shop and no radar detector. I got pegged by some female town clown about 2 miles out of the burg in question. Is that legal? The meter maid with a gun (trust me I dont have a problem with female LE's) insisted she could write me a ticket anywhere in the state.
I dont deny doing 75ish but what pisses me off is she was just out cruising to write tickets. Had it been a female sherrifs deputy or state trooper Id take my lumps and go on but the fact she was out for "revenue enhancement" hacks me to no end.
I thought there were jurisdiction rules?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:38:12 AM EDT
Whare was this at? On 26?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:49:15 AM EDT
She can legally smack your nuts anywhere in the state
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:42:37 AM EDT
Town Marshalls and deputy Town Marshalls have the same power as State Troopers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:14:25 AM EDT
I'd say you'll be paying the ticket...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:26:45 AM EDT
It was on SR29 south of Burlington. Like I said its not the fact that I got clipped but the fact that the bitch was out of town just looking for tickets to write.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:48:31 AM EDT
Marion County has a Traffic Safety Partnership.. which means, there are a bunch of people out at any given time looking for:

Speeders
Seat Belt Violations
Child Seat Violations

and that is their sole function. I'm sure they're not the only county.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:09:59 AM EDT
What do you think State Police does? They take accidents & write tickets. Most large departments have traffice units. The city they work for gets a percentage from the state, for each ticket they write. All they are supposed to do is try to write 300 tickets a month......EACH!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:24:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2006 5:29:39 PM EDT by CAAAwarfighter]
She's a LEO, you were speeding... that makes her a bitch? I know your upset but traffic enforcement is part of her job. What was the speed limit 55 or 60? She probably could have gotten you for excessive speed or reckless driving too. Tickets suck but so do accident scenes.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:03:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CAAAwarfighter:
She's a LEO, you were speeding... that makes her a bitch? I know your upset but traffic enforcement is part of her job. What was the speed limit 55 or 60? She probably could have gotten you for excessive speed or reckless driving too. Tickets suck but so do accident scenes.

She is a bitch because if she were actually doing her job she should be patroling HER JURISDICTION, not out looking for revenue enhancement. I will bet you a weeks pay that she cant shoot worth a damn and Id double the bet that she cant even field strip and clean her own firearm.
All she is a meter maid with a gun, given a ticket book and told to go forth and write citations for her town. I already admited I had let my speed get away from me some but when I see LEO's driving like a bat out of hell on SR's all the time I dont want to hear shit. Low or no traffic and good weather means Im driving 70. Most of us have the sense to slow down when the conditions dont permit it. I can assure you when it snows or rains hard Im the one getting passed.
Thats a symptom of the current status of law enforcement in my book. To much time spent trying to raise money instead of trying to stop serious crime.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:48:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tnek:

Originally Posted By CAAAwarfighter:

She is a bitch because if she were actually doing her job she should be patroling HER JURISDICTION, not out looking for revenue enhancement. I will bet you a weeks pay that she cant shoot worth a damn and Id double the bet that she cant even field strip and clean her own firearm.
All she is a meter maid with a gun, given a ticket book and told to go forth and write citations for her town. I already admited I had let my speed get away from me some but when I see LEO's driving like a bat out of hell on SR's all the time I dont want to hear shit. Low or no traffic and good weather means Im driving 70. Most of us have the sense to slow down when the conditions dont permit it. I can assure you when it snows or rains hard Im the one getting passed.
Thats a symptom of the current status of law enforcement in my book. To much time spent trying to raise money instead of trying to stop serious crime.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAA
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:01:42 AM EDT
I should have known the cops would show up HERE.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:18:30 PM EDT
oohhhh imagine that... LEOs on this board? Nah...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:28:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 6:28:28 PM EDT by VA-gunnut]
I don't even know where to start with this one.
Top Top