Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:39:00 AM EDT
I'm in Indianapolis for work...staying downtown.

any restaurant recommendations?

Anyone want to get a beer tonight?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you want to eat downtown or drive elsewhere in the city? Downtown the Slippery Noodle is fun, Palomino club is good if on an expense account.

Sorry, can't do the beer tonight
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]
It's on the company dime, but seeing as I own part of the company I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm on an "expense account" (and all that implies)

Is this BBQ at Dicks any good? That's right around the corner (I'm at the Radisson)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is this BBQ at Dicks any good? That's right around the corner (I'm at the Radisson)

Never heard of it.  For BBQ in Indy I go to GT South's in my hood (NE side)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Too bad we didn't have more notice... we could have arranged a party!

We like to have dinner with AR15.commie visitor, then harass them will an assortment of childish tortures like noogies, Dutch rubs, Indiana burns, red bellies, and of course the dreaded purple nurple.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Never heard of it. For BBQ in Indy I go to GT South's in my hood (NE side)

I concur, I work right around the corner from GT's and it's excellent!!  Though I do miss Travis working there.  It was sad when he passed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Is this BBQ at Dicks any good?

IME, no. There's nothing "bodacious" about "Dick's Bodacious Barbeque"; it sucks. I've had better at Smokey Bones. Hell, I've had better at BW3!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Shula's steakhouse is awesome.......but expensive.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]
For steak you have Morton's, Shula's and St. Elmo's.  (plus others) All somewhat pricey but good eating.  Bucca Di Beppo is right downtown for Italian.  German food at the Rathskellar.  Rathskellar has good beer as well.     Lot's of others as well ,depending on what you are after.   I am leaving out a bunch of the good ones.    
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Claddagh Irish Pub is the shit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the tips, all

I'm still working, so it looks like it ill be room service for me
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Never heard of it. For BBQ in Indy I go to GT South's in my hood (NE side)

I concur, I work right around the corner from GT's and it's excellent!!  Though I do miss Travis working there.  It was sad when he passed.

Say what?  I LIVE right around the corner from there?  It would be easy for you to buy me a beer after work one day.

Travis dying is one thing, and I am an original customer from day 1 before his three expansisons, but the hardware store closing bothers me more.  It's a tradition to see their Xmas train every year. Did you ever eat BBQ at Odies?  It's now the Mexican place on Graham Road.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Say what? I LIVE right around the corner from there? It would be easy for you to buy me a beer after work one day.

Travis dying is one thing, and I am an original customer from day 1 before his three expansisons, but the hardware store closing bothers me more. It's a tradition to see their Xmas train every year. Did you ever eat BBQ at Odies? It's now the Mexican place on Graham Road

I never ate there for BBQ, but I do like the mexican joint over there now, it's pretty good.   Sullivan's new facility @ 71st & Keystone is nice though.

You ever eat at Sakura?

Maybe we can get together sometime and bend a few elbows!.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

AMEN
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#14]
St. Elmo's is an absolute frickin' awesome reastaurant, but definately on the expensive side.  But I think its totally worth it.

www.stelmos.com/
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Say what? I LIVE right around the corner from there? It would be easy for you to buy me a beer after work one day.

Travis dying is one thing, and I am an original customer from day 1 before his three expansisons, but the hardware store closing bothers me more. It's a tradition to see their Xmas train every year. Did you ever eat BBQ at Odies? It's now the Mexican place on Graham Road

I never ate there for BBQ, but I do like the mexican joint over there now, it's pretty good.   Sullivan's new facility @ 71st & Keystone is nice though.

You ever eat at Sakura?

Maybe we can get together sometime and bend a few elbows!.

All this talk about food and I have my Six Sigma night class here at work tonight.  I need a candy bar!

Been awhile since I hit Sakura.  Good idea.  The mexican place has damn good pork.  Maybe later this month we can set something up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#16]
37 and  126th St. Texas Roadhouse and the Ram Brewery. Good luck getting a table quickly unless you know most of the staff.

Palamino down town, Hard Rock Cafe, Alcatraz Brewery, St. Elmo's,  The other Ram Brewery. All downtown in pretty close proximity on the west side of the circle. Right on the Circle you got Morton's very good.

Or if you're cheap like me, hit the grocery store with a couple guys that pitch in make a good home cooked meal.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#17]
St. Elmo's makes a good steak. If you are smoozing clients, you might ask to dine in the "cellar" but you probably need reservations for that...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the continuing suggestions guys, but (like any business traveller worth his salt) I'm long departed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Keep the list, if the trip is fruitfull, perhaps you will be back.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1000

The stuffed pork chops and a pint of Guiness.  That's one of the best dinners I can think of.

Also the Ram is very good as is Rock Bottom Brewery (both have excellent beer too).

Also the Rathskeller is awesome if you like German food and beer.

Like was said before, keep a list for next time.  Lots of good eats downtown.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:33:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Real men eat at the gun show!

The smell of pyrodex compliments any food, and frankly, is great on hot dogs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah you need the pyrodex for the dog to have any taste at all....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top