Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 4:41:50 AM EDT
Well, shit.

WTF is going on with this?  I live in Indianapolis and I don't remember hearing about this.  

I can't help but wonder if the feds are going suddenly have something to say about our leasing of I-69?

FOREIGN COMPANY RUNS INDIANAPOLIS AIRPORT; RESPONSIBLE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Mon Mar 06 2006 01:22:21 ET

Move over PortGate...

Indianapolis International Airport, a facility that serves more than 8 million passengers every year, is operated by a foreign-owned company.

And the company has stated contractual obligations at the airport -- which include law enforcement!

BAA Indianapolis LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of BAA plc, a private company which owns and operates seven airports in the United Kingdom including Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted airports serving London.

Indianapolis International is now the largest privately managed airport in the United States.

Developing...

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Not owned, managed.

That way when foriegners blow it up they don't really lose any money.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Why should the Airport be any different than the Toll Road?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
There going to change the name of our state from Indiana to India
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There going to change the name of our state from Indiana to India

(indian voice) I am thinking you are a funny guy (indian voice)

Technically wouldn't it be Little India or maybe New India?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Zoub, I like New India! Let's elect Haabeeb for govenor. that way we'll have a convience store on every street corner !  Haabeeb would say ( in indian voice ) " America has been very good to me "
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was just for you, Bucky.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Technically wouldn't it be Little India or maybe New India?

What are the gun laws like in this "New India"?    Are automatic weapons allowed?    Hmmmmm.....  This could be an idea.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd say if Gov. Haabeeb has his way, his chain of stores will be called S&S Quickee Mart ( S&S meaning; Slurpee's & Shotguns )
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember when all that went down.  Back in like 1997 or 1998 I think.   I was working for the Wayne Township Fire Department at the time.  We were first in to the airport for any fire emergency (second of course to the IAAFD).

BTW, IIRC its the actual IAA (Indianapolis Airport Authority) not BAA Indianapolis LLC that actually manages/hires/fires the IAA Police and Fire Department employees.  Their authority to establish a police & fire departments with authority to enforce laws, etc is from an act of the Indiana General Assembly which granted IAA status as a municipal corporation, just like any city or town.  

Hope that clears up some things.  TEOTWAWKI will just have to wait.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top