Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2003 10:40:26 AM EDT
I have a handgun (USP40), AR15, and a shotgun that I rarely ever get to shoot here in central IN. I live in Hamilton Co. and I have yet to find any ranges that allow ARs or handguns.

Anyone know of anyplace?

Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The one indoor range that I know of (Pops guns) is at US 40 and Post Rd. on indy's east side.  25 yd, 6 lane indoor range, open 7 days a week.  The only limit is tht one can only shoot pistol calibers.

The other club I have heard about is in elwood.  It is a private club.  If you go to www.thefiringline.com and do search on elwood, you might find the contact information.

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a couple private clubs one in shelby and another at deer creek.
you can also shoot at camp attebury(sp?) wich has a 25 50 and 100 yard lines.
 If you join the central Indiana high power ass they have matches all around central Indiana as well as on the military side out as attebury.
 Other than that need ta chum up to a farmer or two that has a large spread. :o)
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Non military/LEO can shoot at Camp Atterbury?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Is Fort Wayne to far north?

The range I belong to allows anything up to 50cal. Ful-Auto welcome , just have to go before board first and show them your papers.

Range is 150 yards. long. Handguns , shotguns,rifles of all types, no problem.  It's nothing fancy but you won't meet a better group of fellow shooters.

Their is one major rule ( No Alcohol on property)
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Drive over to Wyatts gun shop in Cicero and ask for Dennis or Wyatt, then ask about the local gun club they are in.  Typically Dennis is President every year.  Private club, south of Cicero, range goes to 200+ yards.

I was going to join 2-3 years ago, then things got tough at home, I didn't have the time.  I may try to backtrack and join now.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Outside of New Castle is a public range 50yd and 25yd at the Wilbur Wright state park.  The only other ranges I go to are private memberships.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Deer Creek Conservation Club in Grant Co. They a 25/50/100/200 yrd rifle line and a few different hand gun a skeet. I think membership has been rasied to $35 a year and you HAVE to be a NRA member. Also they have a three gun shoot once the month. It's a nice place, I'm going to join too.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Drive over to Wyatts gun shop in Cicero and ask for Dennis or Wyatt, then ask about the local gun club they are in.  Typically Dennis is President every year.  Private club, south of Cicero, range goes to 200+ yards.

I was going to join 2-3 years ago, then things got tough at home, I didn't have the time.  I may try to backtrack and join now.

Atlanta Conservation Club, NORTH of Cicero. Now closed for renovation. 100 yds. is longest range.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Outside of New Castle is a public range 50yd and 25yd at the Wilbur Wright state park.  The only other ranges I go to are private memberships.

I've never mad eit up there but I'm pretty close to New Castle.  How is it?  Busy?  Are there any range officers there?  
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I am not talking about the Atlanta club.  I think it is the Hamilton County Conservation Club, southeast of Cicero. Head south on highway out of town, turn east on 206th?   Private club, incorpoarted in 1930's, now surrounded by homes.  Small trap pad, you can drive down to the creek botom to shoot out to 100 yards, but from up on the hill, where the trap pad is, you can get a 200+ yard shot.

The New Castle range.  It can get busy on a nice day because it is so close to town.  Go early or late.  I will go early and stay half day sometimes.  No real range officers, just an old guy who thinks he is it.  He is just trying to snag your brass.  They now limit you to shooting at targets attached to the wooden backstops.  You can't bring any steel spinners or set up targets at various distances.  Must be at the backstop and attached to their wood.

The hidden gem is the range at Brookeville Reservoir, but I think it is still closed.  50 and 100 yard ranges.  20+ covered shooting postions, cement pad and tables.  We need to lobby our political reps to reopen it to public.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top