Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2003 9:19:31 AM EDT
Planning on spending a week there middle of next month for the Power from the Past antique tractor show (im an advisor), and i gonna take my AR, anybody know of a place close by to take some friends to shoot?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#1]
there is a range in the area.  Pulaski DNR/Winamac Fish And Wildlife area.. rifle/pistol/shotgun.  On Pulaski CR 200W, 1/4 mile north of CR 500N , Winamac.

good luck
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#2]
awesome! what are the conditions to use the range? free? any range officers, ect? AR friendly?

got any more anybody?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]
That range just north of CR 500N is nice!

Covered positions to keep the sun/rain off you. Paper targets only. Bring your own stapler (particle board in front of sand berms).

Free - just pick up and sign a range card. Be sure to drop it off before you leave.

Yes on the range officer, but as long as you're not dumping Beta mags on F/A you should be OK.

ARs, AKs, FALs, and .50s don't even get a second glance... well the .50s do - but in a good way!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
very cool, i will make sure I check it out, thank you!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah, forgot to add that the range is most likely closed on Mondays. Found a phone number too...

www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/huntguide1/rifle.htm#pulask

Have fun!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never seen a range officer there.

It is a nice range. It is 45 minutes farther away than Kingsbury for me, but I still like to go to Winimac instead.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:06:45 AM EDT
[#7]
It is closed on mondays, open all other days until 7pm now. I live barley 15 min. from that range, let me know what day you'll be there and i'll see if i can make it. Depends on my work schedule.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Camel,
Seeing as my work and school have prevented me from attending Buletfest this year I was thinking of making it to the range next week. I've got a comp day off coming and was thinking of going during the week. Right now I'm shooting for Tuesday or Wednesday.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats an easy one, quit your job and school then worry about it after Bulletfest. Im good for the range the 18th, 19th, 23rd, 24th, 2nd, or the 3rd for the upcoming two weeks.

Went to the range saturday to shoot a few rounds, and my FAL wouldn't even hit the damn plate at 100, had to start from square one.

The only thing that didn't piss me off that day was my AR, and the guy with the physically gifted daughter (or?) next to me.  

You don't happen to have an SKS front sight tool? I need to pick one up, but may not get a chance to before we go.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#10]
That FAL was shooting dead on what happened?

I miss the endowed girl shooting!Dang it!

No SKS tool. I asume your looking for that larger one that pushes the sight?

Let's shoot for the 24th around 9:30 ish?If it's raining maybe that weekend?

Do some grilling?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#11]
The 24th around 9:30 sounds good. Weather.com says partly cloudy and 81 for then, but we'll see.

I'll bring the grill and something to put on it for a little lunch break.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top