Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2017 3:21:15 PM EDT
I'm going to Deep Creek Lake at the end of the month. Anything I should be aware of? I've never been to Maryland or really know much about it.

I'll be fishing for 3 days in a bass tracker boat. Anyone with some tips or anything they know about the lake?

Am I allowed to bring my Kershaw Blur or is that subject to a good anal fisting from your gestapo?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Maryland is pretty much like any other state so just act normal.  No late bar fights, indecent exposure, etc and you should be fine.  The lake is man made and basically like any other lake, if you fall in, you'll get wet, etc, etc   If you are, in fact, stopped by the police or any local law enforcement, it's recommended that you drop your pants to expose your genitalia as a sign of obedience.  Oh, almost forgot, wear a name tag in case you get lost somewhere and the closest town, Cumberland, is known for their canibalistic ways. So stay clear
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maryland is pretty much like any other state so just act normal.  No late bar fights, indecent exposure, etc and you should be fine.  The lake is man made and basically like any other lake, if you fall in, you'll get wet, etc, etc   If you are, in fact, stopped by the police or any local law enforcement, it's recommended that you drop your pants to expose your genitalia as a sign of obedience.  Oh, almost forgot, wear a name tag in case you get lost somewhere and the closest town, Cumberland, is known for their canibalistic ways. So stay clear
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Fish early fish late.
Avoid weekends. LOTS of recreational use make fishing less fun during busy season.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, you'll be fine. I've been down to the lake a bunch, and its TONS of fun.  If you want to avoid crowds, its best to go during the week or after Labor Day.

Oh, and be sure to check out Brenda's Pizzeria and Trader's Coffee, as well as the Black Bear Tavern and the Honi Honi Bar. Good times
Pretty much every restaurant up and down Garrett Highway is good to go.

Enjoy your trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top