Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 11:19:10 PM EDT
Been a while since I was in the Baltimore/DC area.  How's traffic on 83?  Is a commute possible from just inside PA down to there?  I really don't want to deal with MD gun laws, and I'd like a few acres.  I'm originally from PA but like I said...it's been a while. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Work traffic on I-83 has always been pretty bad, even back when I worked in the Towson area in the early 80s. So many people work in Baltimore and surrounding areas and use I-83 to get home to PA.

In my opinion, Aberdeen is going to be your only viable choice, Ft. Meade, during rush hour, is another hour south.

You can watch this map awhile to see where problems come and go:
https://wego.here.com/traffic/usa/baltimore?map=39.29058,-76.60926,9,traffic&x=ep
In another hour or so, it will light up with red & yellow.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in 17331.  I can get to suitland in 90 min during off peak day hours.  I take back roads to 83 in pa, then down.  During rush hour, i dont think you could make it down to ft meade in any reasonable time.  Traffic starts north of timonium, and 695 is getting bad.  I cant imagine how bad 495 is during rush hour.  You might be able to drive south and catch the train.  Im not too familiar with it, so i dont know exactly where it goes.

Aberdeen should be fine.  Even for me, i can make it to bel air in less than an hour.  You can move a lot closer to there than where i am.  Move to delta, or over the line from rising sun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I work in PG County. Many of our guys live in PA and make the commute. If you can adjust your work hours (0700-1500) and you should be fine. PA is a better option than MD. Coming south from Aberdeen won't be much better depending on work hours. The commuter traffic around Baltimore is bad too. Trust me, I can't wait to retire and leave.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not far at all to PA from Aberdeen. Rt 22 to Rt 136 and head north. Not very far at all. I didn't fully measure it out but it looks to be about 20 miles on the map.

ETA- 20.7 miles from Aberdeen to Delta, PA
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top