Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 6:16:55 AM EDT
Is really worth getting a C & R License?

Are there really that many weapons on the C & R list that are worth getting?

I am thinking of doing it and would like some input on the matter, THANKS.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, yes and yes. I'm on my second three years. You get the $30 back in one purchase. It gets you into arms you didn't think you would like before. (Enfields Mosins Walthers etc.)
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely worth getting one. Even if you buy only 1 gun in the 3 years that your license is good for, you will likely save more than the $30 that you spent on acquiring the license. Add in the dealer pricing that you get from Brownells, Numrich, and Midway... It's all good.

Lots of cool stuff currently on the surplus market now like:
Swiss K31s (though these seem to be drying up)
Lots of Mosin Nagants
Yugo and German Mausers
Yugo SKS
Steyr M95s
CZ-52's
Etc...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. . Sorry but I have a few more questions.

How long from the time I send in the papers till it comes back approved?

What type of book or binders do I need to keep track of weapons purchased?

I don't see anywhere with it that I need to send in any prints, is that requried?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info. . Sorry but I have a few more questions.

How long from the time I send in the papers till it comes back approved?

Some people get them really quickly in 3-5 weeks and some it seems to take forever. Mine took almost 4 months. After several phone calls to the ATF I discovered that they lost my application soon after charging my bank account. After I resubmitted my paperwork I recieved the license in 3 weeks.

What type of book or binders do I need to keep track of weapons purchased?

I purchased a C&R kit from RK Enterprises that includes the bound book, though a lot of guys are using  simple Excel spreadsheets to log aquisitions and dispositions.

I don't see anywhere with it that I need to send in any prints, is that requried?

Thanks again.

No prints required.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]
THANKS !!!! I have it filled out and will mail out on Mon.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
As others have said, it's well worth it.  I've saved many times over the cost of the license on my orders from Brownells and Midway.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:33:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the info gentleman, I APPRECIATE it!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top