Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 9:51:56 AM EDT
Hey folks.

Why is it that everytime i want to buy a specific gun in this damn state, no one has it.

Im looking to buy a Savage 10FP. I live in Pasadena. Does anyone know of someone that has one?
So far ive been to dicks in Glen burnie, a couple of wal marts, A&D pawn in glen burnie, and Bass Pro shops. I thought for sure A&D pawn would have it, but got there only to learn that they dont carry savages. "We dont carry any savages because we dont agree with their base prices" (not expensive enough?).

And no, i dont want a used one.
Thanks  in advance for any help.

edit; I did notice that A&D pawn did have a nice looking remington700, it had a real wide stock so i guess it was the p model or whatever. It was 800-some dollars which struck me as somewhat high.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe get Clayton Otto (near Empire Towers in GB) to order one in for you, likely be cheapest and he's a pretty good guy to deal with.

Or, maybe:
Clydes in Woodlawn area?
Bart's in GB?
Armory in Annapolis?
Dick's at Laurel?

The Remington 700 you saw is probably the "PSS". . . . long, wide, rounded forend, dual front studs, exaggerated palm swells . . . . $800 is probably about the going price.

The LTR is another 'police model', but much lighter, trimmer and a bit cheaper at $750 or so. Both are most commonly seen as .308's, though the LTR is available on .223 and the PSS can be had in 7mmRemMag & 300WinMag too.

The PSS and LTR are better built than the sporter versions and both usually shoot better than an MOA. My LTR .308 shoots to 1/2 moa with two different handloads - no work except fixing the 400# factory trigger setting and putting a Leupold 4.5-14 on it..
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
clydes doesnt have one
barts doesnt
dicks in laurel doesnt

Whats the number to the armory? I couldnt find them in the yellow pages.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 10FP-LE2 that I ordered from belair gun and pawn. Took a couple of weeks but it was well worth it! Love the gun, stock was junk. I replaced it with a bell and carlson. Now I have a Choate sniper stock due in tomorrow. They are good guys and should be able to order if they don't have one in house..
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:07:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I found the stock number at wally world's web page and took it to the Wal-Mart at Arundel Mills.  They ordered it for me and I had it in a week.  This was around October.

www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2684972
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
clydes doesnt have one
barts doesnt
dicks in laurel doesnt

Whats the number to the armory? I couldnt find them in the yellow pages.

(410) 224-4972
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I found the stock number at wally world's web page and took it to the Wal-Mart at Arundel Mills.  They ordered it for me and I had it in a week.  This was around October.

www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2684972

Schweet rifle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#7]
For anyone that cares, i grabbed that remington.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:39:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Certainly I give a shit. I'll even go so far as to (insincerely) inquire as to the caliber. WTF is it?

You are screwed now, though. Time to add all the goodies. . . Harris(notched leg) swivel bipod, rear bag, badger base & rings, 30mm Leupold tactical scope if you cheap out (I've got a 4.5-14x40 Gen II mildot on my LTR), IOR, NF NXS (3.5-15x50 on my tac rifle) to USO to S&B and on up if you really don't need to own your own home or stay married . . .

Go *here* for more great info on how to spend (all of) your money setting it up.

All you need now is your Quantico Shooting Club membership. We shoot 100/200 to 400/600 to 1k twice a month if we're lucky.

Enjoy!! Grease up your plastic . . .
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I live in Severna Park and do most of my gun-buying through Scott's Gunsmith. I bought a Savage there a couple years ago and they have pretty good service. 4107619815 ( I think). They are located down aquaheart road.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For anyone that cares, i grabbed that remington. hr

hit.
You are screwed now, though. Time to add all the goodies. . . Harris(notched leg) swivel bipod, rear bag, badger base & rings, 30mm Leupold tactical scope if you cheap out (I've got a 4.5-14x40 Gen II mildot on my LTR), IOR, NF NXS (3.5-15x50 on my tac rifle) to USO to S&B and on up if you really don't need to own your own home or stay married . . . href=*here* for more great info on how to spend (all of) your money setting it up.href=Quantico Shooting Club membership. We shoot 100/200 to 400/600 to 1k twice a month if we're lucky.

Enjoy!! Grease up your plastic . . .hr

Its a .308 his
Dont worry either, I dont cheap out on anything for my guns. Same applies for the scope when i get the money for it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

href=Quantico Shooting Club membership. We shoot 100/200 to 400/600 to 1k twice a month if we're lucky.

Wow, you mean i can actually shoot on the marine corps base? Thats like a dream come true. hock.gif It says i need to be sponsored by a member though.

What do you mean, grease up my plastic?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All you need now is your Quantico Shooting Club membership. We shoot 100/200 to 400/600 to 1k twice a month if we're lucky.

Enjoy!! Grease up your plastic . . .

Wow, you mean i can actually shoot on the marine corps base? Thats like a dream come true. It says i need to be sponsored by a member though.

I would imagine he means get the credit card ready to scream.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

href=Quantico Shooting Club membership. We shoot 100/200 to 400/600 to 1k twice a month if we're lucky.

Wow, you mean i can actually shoot on the marine corps base? Thats like a dream come true. hock.gif It says i need to be sponsored by a member though.

I would imagine he means get the credit card ready to scream.  hr

Thats what i was afraid of
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top