Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 6:37:19 AM EDT
Hey all,
Well in the next couple weeks, I'm biting the bullet and transferring my residency to MD.   I just got some new wheels I bought from my parents in PA, so I'm going to do the MVA thing next week (or the week after).  I guess this means my days of going to PA for the weekend and picking up three stripped lowers and two handguns at a pop are over .

Anyhoo, I have a couple questions.
First, are there any good FFL's down here in the Charles County area?  I've been down here about a year, and I've only really come across Fred's.  I would have thought that since it's a bit more rural down here (I was in Bal'mer) there would be FFL's all over the place.  Guess not.

Second, I'm thinking of buying a Colt Delta from a private seller.  How do you do FTF handgun transactions here in MD?  Do we both go to the local friendly SP barracks?  

Later
R
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:04:41 AM EDT
[#1]

A lot of the good FFL's down south seem to have closed up shop over the past few years for some reason. Yes for the transfer of a handgun or MD defined "regulated weapon" its ten bucks and both of you need to go to a SP barracks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
arent too many good FFL's around here.  i think we spoke before about this through IM.

stay away from the dickhead's at Fred's unless you enjoy paying over $200 for a transfer of a ar15.  i just wish i never bought anything from them and would sleep much better at night if they were out of business.

they also dont seem to support the firearm community.  they only care about their overpriced furniture because BOO-HOO "we dont make enough money on guns"

i dont know a single person who will deal with them anymore...and to think i used to pay their high prices just to help support them.  they sure did show me their appreciation.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
arent too many good FFL's around here.  i think we spoke before about this through IM.

stay away from the dickhead's at Fred's unless you enjoy paying over $200 for a transfer of a ar15.  i just wish i never bought anything from them and would sleep much better at night if they were out of business.

they also dont seem to support the firearm community.  they only care about their overpriced furniture because BOO-HOO "we dont make enough money on guns"

i dont know a single person who will deal with them anymore...and to think i used to pay their high prices just to help support them.  they sure did show me their appreciation.

Thanks.  But what are the alternatives?  I'm a member of SCSC and I heard some of the members are FFL's, but I don't know who
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome fellow cellmate neighbor!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Rich,

Does that mean I owe you a conciliatory beer for sticking it out in PGCPS or a congratulatory one for escaping across the river?

Either way....the first round is on me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a few here,but not near enough.My guy just quit.Check Gunbroker.com.They have a listing of dealers and fees.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top