Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 6:21:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What was wrong with the tacks?  We only had 4 I think while other areas have some where close to 50 million.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:06:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Can we have 1 tacked thread with FFLs and ranges together maybe?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#5]
How f'ing ghey.

I hope this didn't all start because of the thread in the suggestions forum about cutting down/moving tacks in the AR forum.
Is there any way to clean up the AR15 area?
That was justified. Same goes for some other forums that are tack crazy. The tacks in most of the HTF's I'd say aren't by any means out of control nor are they interfering with the average traffic. They're not like the high traffic forums that get piles of tacks and most of the tacks in an HTF are fairly esoteric to that region/state and are there because the people wanted them there.

Someone needs to look around at some other forums if they plan on enforcing this BS...
HTF:
Georgia - 7 tacks
Iowa - 7 tacks
Nebrask Kansas - 7 tacks

SF - 6 tacks
Tactics and Training - 7 tacks
Movie Forum - 7 tacks
Photography/Photochop - 5 tacks
M16 Full Auto - 8 tacks (and 3 exclamation points)
AR Pistols - 6 tacks
Troubleshooting - 9 tacks
Ammunition - 7 tacks
Magazines - 6 tacks
Optics - 6 tacks
Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels, and more - 8 tacks
AR10™ & AR180™ - 6 tacks
50 cal - 5 tacks
Shotguns - 6 tacks
Blades - 7 tacks
AK Reference - 15 tacks (2 not tacked)
AK DIY - 8 tacks
AK Variants Russian - 9 tacks
AK Variants Yugo - 6 tacks

I assume these forums just haven't sorted out all their tacked threads yet... otherwise I'd say the doublestandards are strong on this site.

Ok... rant off...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
so the good ones have been consolidated to the archive server.  Its basicly a giant post consisting of the info parts of the thrads and the original threads have been untacked and left for dead.  

MD HTF Secret Identities Revealed should stay tacked so it doesn't become a thread full of bumps and BTT's... new folks are always popping up and checking in.

ps... I'm not saying that because I started the thread...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Did they put a max amount of tacks that could be in the forum?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:04:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I say you should take one for the team and put some of the tacks back.

I know people I can get you a good deal on bail
Well just one make pathfinder74's that was a good one.

Beside he might get his dad to beat up your dad if you don't
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No, 'cause I'll nominate you to succeed me as mod.  

Besides if you'll look, his thread is linked in the announcement at the top

I just saw that a little while ago... good enough for me. I also noticed th Local FFL list is in there but that the "e-mail me" links didn't survive the move.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Whaddaya mean?

Go in there... some FFL listings have "email me" near the phone number. IIRC those were hotlinked when it was tacked so that you could click on them and it would open your email app and plug their email address into your "TO" field.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:52:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:54:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whaddaya mean?

Go in there... some FFL listings have "email me" near the phone number. IIRC those were hotlinked when it was tacked so that you could click on them and it would open your email app and plug their email address into your "TO" field.

I never hotlinked them.

Oh... my mistake. Cheerfully withdrawn.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Bah!

Anyway, BBQMAN, thanks for taking the time to add the information to the content server so it doesn't get lost to non-team members when the archive server culls the inactive threads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top