Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 7:55:04 AM EDT
What's the deal with this?   Is it mandatory that every SBR be engraved with owner's name and address or something?  What happens when you sell it?  I've heard of this before but I have an SBR on order from Continental/Whitemarsh Arms and no one there has said anything about it.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#1]
SBR must be engraved with the Manufacturer/Builders information If an individual is building the SBR, his info (Name, City, and State) needs to be engraved.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The MAKER of the SBR must have the gun engraved with the MAKER's info.  On a factory built SBR the factory, (Colt, RR, Bushmaster) is the maker, and they register the gun from Birth as a SBR, therefore the "Colt/ Hartford Conn." that is already engraved on the gun is sufficient.  If the gun is originally registered as a non-SBR, you can legally apply to turn it into an SBR by completing the appropriate paperwork and then engraving the receiver with your info, since you are the new maker.  

This is the way I understand it to be.  There is great info about this in the Full Auto section.

BTW Zach regarding your earlier post, I take it you ordered the 6921?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top