Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 2:19:43 PM EDT
Seems like its getting to be that time of year again, folks....

Any advance word on which Communists in Annapolis will be trying what this year?

Will it be about the same as last year? Will the Communists be trying hard to get Ehrlich to go on record with a signature or a veto on a gun bill? As far as the Communists are concerned, Ehrlich loses either way--passing a gun bill will alienate his core supporters, while vetoing a bill will allow them to run smear ads in the fall saying that he is a "gun-toting lunatic" or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear that Lil' Rob Garagiola has another bill up his sleeve.  I'll see if I can find the info that I got......
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
This should be the URL for 2006 gun bills.

mlis.state.md.us/2006rs/subjects/guns.htm

It's not working now, probably not until the GA is in session.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey BBQ... you seem to be pretty well read up on the MD politics and such.

Wanna give some of us who are tuned out a quick run down on when the voting will be taking place in MD and who are the most gun friendly candiates that are in the best position to give the opposition a serious run. Don't bother with the "waste of a vote" underdogs.

Feel free to run this info in a new thread to avoid a serious hijack.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:43:34 AM EDT
[#6]
We have two strongly pro-gun candidates running this year:

Ron George in District 30 (Annapolis area....my district)

Rick Bowers in Howard County who running against the great Satan.....Neil Quinter.

FWIW, I went to Bowers' kick off party with a bunch of Maryland Shall Issue folks and EVERY Howard County politician that was there said they support us in our CCW efforts, but can't do it too publicly because of the nature of politics in HoCo.  IOW, they were telling a bunch of gun owners what they needed to tell them, but it might mean that if enough HoCo residents get after their officials we may pick up some allies.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:28:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FWIW, I went to Bowers' kick off party with a bunch of Maryland Shall Issue folks and EVERY Howard County politician that was there said they support us in our CCW efforts, but can't do it too publicly because of the nature of politics in HoCo.  IOW, they were telling a bunch of gun owners what they needed to tell them, but it might mean that if enough HoCo residents get after their officials we may pick up some allies.

It's nice to know that our constituents support their voters views but won't do dick about it because they fear they might not be (re)elected. Sounds like they were wearing their true colors on their sleeves.

How come anti-gun politicians can run around ranting and raving about how they want guns gone and don't worry about the results?

now I'm starting to remember why I preferred being clueless about this type of crap. It just pisses me off.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

now I'm starting to remember why I preferred being clueless about this type of crap. It just pisses me off.

Amen Brother.....sometimes I just want to be pluggd back into the Matrix  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#9]
As posted by Phil Lee on MD Alert:

More than 50 Senate and 80 House bills have been introduced already by the Maryland legislators.  Some gun related bills so far are:
SB 24 -- Garagiola -- Criminal Law - Use of Firearm in Commission of Crime
http://mlis.state.md.us/2006rs/bills/sb/sb0024f.pdf

HB 12 -- Smigiel -- Repeal of Procedure on Shell Casing Information - Timing of Report on Personalized Handgun Technology
http://mlis.state.md.us/2006rs/bills/hb/hb0012f.pdf

HB 14 -- Smigiel -- Handgun Safety Devices - Repeal
http://mlis.state.md.us/2006rs/bills/hb/hb0014f.pdf

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top