Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 2:14:18 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I grew up in Baltimore, and just before I moved away, I made a couple purchases at Discount Shooters Supply on Reisterstown Rd. Alex was a nice guy and had very competitive prices. I went back a couple years ago, and the store was gone. Can anyone tell me what happened to him and his store? I was wondering if maybe his prices were too good, and he couldn't pay the rent...

Dave
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 12:55:45 PM EDT
Im not sure.

In the years I have been shooting I have never heard of him.

Could he have changed names and got a new place?
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:00:18 PM EDT
I'm not sure what happened to him. His store was probably only around for 3-4 years. It was in a basement under one of the storefronts on Reisterstown Rd just inside the Beltway. I went by quite a few times - he didn't stock a ton of stuff, maybe 3-4 dozen pistols and a couple dozen rifles, but he would order anything you wanted and his prices were very competitive (I got a GLock 17 from him during his initial opening sale for $409 NIB - 10 rd mags though). He used to have a web site (the URL www.discguns.com is still reserved). I guess he probably just didn't get enough business and closed up shop or something - I'm sure rent wasn't cheap in that part of town.

Dave
Top Top