Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2003 11:39:09 AM EDT
I'll be working the show again with Otto's Police Supply. We should be located on the back wall to the left of the food concession. Stop on by and introduce yourself. I'm the big guy with the flat-top.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good. See you on Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahhh, I'll probably go on Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:39:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I will be there on Sunday arount 1230 or so.  I am will be wearing a black Royal Robbins hat and I have glasses.  Also 6'2 275.  Ah f-it.  Just start yelling mercop.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 I am will be wearing a black Royal Robbins hat and I have glasses. .

And how will I know your there when I park? A big white and blue Mr. Softee Ice Cream Truck?

WTF?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Darn I missed it!  Any good deals?  I'm in a ammo buying mood and was hoping to pick some up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Darn I missed it!  Any good deals?  I'm in a ammo buying mood and was hoping to pick some up.

How could you have missed it!?!?

I keep a really good updated Show list in here!

Ammo deal were pretty good, I got in it with a few fuck head dealers and modern pistol prices were high almost everywhere.

Why are there so many dumbass dealers around here? I swear I think they all get together and swap dumbshit ideas
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I swear I think they all get together and swap dumbshit ideas

Whaddaya mean?

I'd would have been Sunday there except that I was/still am sick.  Nasty cold that I think might be turning into bronchitis.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
OH REALLY!!!!!!!!
I know what you are talking about.
I try and tell Clay how to make more sales, but he won't listen. He sees me making $700.00 for the weekend, but he will not drop his prices a dime. DUH.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I swear I think they all get together and swap dumbshit ideas

Whaddaya mean?

I'd would have been Sunday there except that I was/still am sick.  Nasty cold that I think might be turning into bronchitis.

I dont mean it in the literal sense. I just heard a lot more dumb coments from dealers than usual.

This one is my favorite:
Me:I want to buy this Ballester Monilla from you. Here is my C&R

Him: YEah, its a C&R but the MD state police doenst let me sell things as C&R's Here fill out the regulated firearm form

Me: What are you talking about? This is a C&R firearm and its written in the federal list of C&R's. Where does it say in MD law that I cant buy this as C&R?

Him:Just call MDSP and they will tell you.

Me:LOL Yeah, the MDSP will tell you no to anything!

Him: Well, I know its illegal for me to sell you this as a C&R in MD

Me: Ok, just tell me where I can find that information

Him:Just trust me,ok?

Me:No. I want to know. I buy C&R handguns to this day through MD and I want to know if Im breaking the law

Him:You are breaking the law by asking me to sell you this gun. and I told you call the state police. They will tell you you cant buy C&R guns in MD!

Me:Ok, you cant give me any real source of written law. Your bullshit.

Him:Yeah, well just leafe my table if your going to ask me to break MD laws.

So I left. Fucking pricks. I should have gotten the name of the place, so I could let everyone know. Next time I will do that.

Other item that made me angry, was a dealer trying to sell a USED AK trigger for $30. I laughed at him and told him he was crazy.

Oh yeah, I drove past your house yesterday looking for deer. Damn, you really have a lot back there at night!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:04:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Either fear or stupidity....or perhaps a nice mix of both.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I think most of the problems are ignorance on peoples part. Not wanting to researce the laws or just stupid. Not only the dealers. I had several police and military inform me that we are not allowed to sell a registered sawed off shotgun we had on display. They weren't sure on the assault weapons we had (The AW they were referring to were the Wilson Combat and Fulton Armory ar15s we had.)
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:54:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Why get into that much of a protracted argument with someone who is obviously clueless about the law?

As soon as he said he couldn't do it,  I would have told him that he just lost a sell due to his own stupidity and gone to another dealer
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

How could you have missed it!?!?

Day 1 of the show I had my parents (from CT) visiting AND since the rain stopped I had yard work to do (if the rain had kept up Dad & I would have gone).

Sunday I had the kids while the wife was working - ordinarily that wouldn't have stopped us but we were all 'under the weather'.

I keep a really good updated Show list in here!

You do, and I keep a really good on on MD-AR15.com, and that show was advertised on WCBM (680 am).

Wasn't a matter of know knowing, it was a matter of not being able to make it.

BTW yeah pistol prices in this state suck.  Probably because there are such a limited supply of companies that want to produce a MD compliant (with casings) product.  And there is a limited number of 'pre-gun casing/ pre-gun lock' handguns.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Why get into that much of a protracted argument with someone who is obviously clueless about the law?

As soon as he said he couldn't do it,  I would have told him that he just lost a sell due to his own stupidity and gone to another dealer

He's basically telling me I am :stupid, committing a crime and I should trust anything  the MDSP says.

If he is going to "claim" to know about a law (that he said I was breaking) what is so wrong in asking him to tell me where he got is information from?

Also, if everyone just sat back and let dealers walk all over them or spew any crap they want, then what kind of market would we have? If we make sure dealers know that we are an informed buyer's we wont be taken advantage of so easily.

Bottom line, If a person is bullshiting you. Stand up for yourself and call them out on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top