Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 11:49:26 PM EDT
I will be there around 1pm.
Feel free to come.
I have bought a few new guns I am going to try out.
I would enjoy the company.
Its on a Friday, the only day I have free that week.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could - but I'll be heading out for Carbine II in Pittsburg!

2 out of the 3 days will be night fire!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I can make it. Have to field the new rifle.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think I can make it. Have to field the new rifle.  Can't wait!

You !? Come to the range!!???

I better call Ripley!  

It would be great to have you at the range, Im just kidding ya!

Also, the member Adam_White is going to be there around 2'ish.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wish I could - but I'll be heading out for Carbine II in Pittsburg!

2 out of the 3 days will be night fire!

Forest, I've never heard of Carbine II...what's the deal with that?  I've got relatives up near Pittsburgh...I could always pay 'em a visit, plus the night fire sounds too cool.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]
originally posted by M4 "You !? Come to the range!!???

I better call Ripley!"

Just for that I'm gonna hog your 75 rd drum!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Just for that I'm gonna hog your 75 rd drum!

Hey, just as long as its your ammo thats filling it!

So you think you are really able to come on the 11th?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like we have 2 or 3 ppl from the board going, anyone else care to come?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll see how things are going next week.
I need to get some of the older rifles out for a day. M1 Garand and carbine. Should have the evil Bushmaster ready by then.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I need to get some of the older rifles out for a day. M1 Garand and carbine..

Sounds good, Adam_White will probably want me to bring his M1 Carbine for him I am really wanting to shoot that bad boy!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
anyone else care to come?

Wish I could - I'll be preping for my course...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
anyone else care to come?

Wish I could - I'll be preping for my course...

Yeah, what better what to prepare for your course than to come and make sure your guns are zeroed?

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#12]
2 more days till I get my rifle! It's legal for me to pick it up on the 4th(I think that's pretty cool), but Lou won't be there till the 5th. Oh, Lou's gun shop is the small second story of his house, but he's a real good guy and he took good care of me when I had a rifle transfered(even though he hates AK's He got shot by one in Nam). He's a gunsmith too, with 23 years of experience. 1911 is his specialty. I might have to have him work my AO 1911 over for me one of these days. Check him out guys!
Oh M4, you wouldn't happen to have an extra taget stand would ya? I seem to have blown my last on to pieces. The SAR1 shoots a little wide sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, I may have an extra. But I will let you know for sure.

Did Lou charge you $50 for the god damn transfer like he did me?
Seems a little steep.

I am looking to gettwo more AK's in a month or two. I do not want to get them in MD though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#14]
$50.00 !!? I guess I'll find out on the 5th. Your link to him says he only charges 30. That's expensive paperwork. Maybe that's why he was being so cool.... I hope not.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
$50.00 !!? I guess I'll find out on the 5th. Your link to him says he only charges 30. That's expensive paperwork. Maybe that's why he was being so cool.... I hope not.  

Yup, he changes his damn tune once I got in there to pic up my AR lower.

$50 for a fucking AR lower transfer. I was really pissed to say the least. He even quoted me over the phone that it would be $25 for the transfer.

Once I got there to pick it up SOB said "This is a new gun, and I charge $50 for new gun transfers" I thought A gun is a gun.

Oh well never going back to him again.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess this is a hijack, but...
In Montomgery, Atlantic Guns charges $40 for an FFL xfer, Gilbert Guns used to charge less but now they charge $100 (yes that's right... $100).  AFAIK it doesn't come with a belt to bite down on.heap
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I got my SAR1 from Lou. I walked in, dropped trou, and he proceeded to fuck me in the ass. Yep that's right.
$40.00 American. I feel so used. At least it's better than $70 that ON Target wanted to charge. The Gun Rack refused to do the transfer at all because it was from a person not an FFL(I've had it with Gun Rack by the way, a guy can only take so much abuse).
At least I now have my rifle, complete with AK USA work, they did an OUTSTANDING job by the way. Nice 74 style Mbreak, straightened gas tube and FSB, and a really pretty powder coat eases the pain. Can't wait to shoot. Gonna pop her cherry on the 11th.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I guess this is a hijack, but...
In Montomgery, Atlantic Guns charges $40 for an FFL xfer, Gilbert Guns used to charge less but now they charge $100 (yes that's right... $100).  AFAIK it doesn't come with a belt to bite down on.

Anybody know any good cheap FFLs in the area?  I wish I had an FFL- I'd charge $10 for an xfer.  Just the thought of more guns flooding into MD.

If you're ever up north in Cecil county I have a guy in Elkton who charges $25 (I thought that was high).  He's very reliable & very prompt, and keeps me posted on the progress.

ps  see some of you on the 11th.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If you're ever up north in Cecil county I have a guy in Elkton who charges $25 (I thought that was high).  He's very reliable & very prompt, and keeps me posted on the progress.

I was just up near Westminster for an IPSC practice, but for an FFL xfer it would eat up too much gas to be worth it- especially for a pistol, having to go twice.  Thanks for the info though.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That would work out great for me. I am always up in that area. Whats the name and info of this dealer?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#21]
IIRC Maryland - by law - caps Transfer fees at $20.  This might apply to handguns only.

I know a FFL in the Linthicum area that only charges $20 for all transfers (at least he was when I last stopped by his place a couple of years ago).  Purchase are 10% (with a $20 minimum fee).
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
from Lou. I walked in, dropped trou, and he proceeded to fuck me in the ass. Yep that's right.
$40.00 American

Well, just think of this you bouth a gun that costs around $500 right?
You were charged $40 Xfer thats only 8%

I bought a $120 AR stripped lower and paid $50
I was charges 40%!

That POS, really makes me angry now!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Anybody know any good cheap FFLs in the area?  I wish I had an FFL- I'd charge $10 for an xfer.  Just the thought of more guns flooding into MD.

I know of 2 good ones.  One FIght4YourRights has used several times and he is here in Columbia.  The other I've used for years and he is in the Linthincum area.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Any one know where I can get a cheap case of Wolf 7.62*39 before the 11th? Normally I order from Ammoman, but even though he is fast, I don't think it will get to me in time for our shoot. I'm in the Silver Spring area. Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would work out great for me. I am always up in that area. Whats the name and info of this dealer?

I need to check with him and make sure he wants the business before I post his name.  I'll send an email now.

cya
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need to check with him and make sure he wants the business before I post his name.  I'll send an email now.

cya

He does want the business.  I wanted to make sure because he is kind of a private type...

His reply.

hi...
sure...always interested in a little extra business...
give them this email
and also
[email protected]
that's my business email

Rod Ellingsworth
Boeing Aerospace
Info Sys Analyst
610-591-8946

His work email.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#27]
How does $20.00 a transfer sound?
Finally got ahold of Clayton Otto.
He runs Otto's Police Supply out of Glen Burnie.
We is in the process of setting up his shop at 514 N. Crain Highway
Suite I
Glen Burnie, MD  21061
He works evenings for the Baltimore Sherrif's office, but I'm going to help him out and handle some of the paperwork.
You can contact him via his pager 410-863-2345.
Don't have the phone in the shop yet.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
We is in the process

Where have you been hanging out lately? West Baltimore?

Thats good to thear Otto does Xfer's for a good price. We are tired of getting raped just to purchase a damn gun!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#29]
That was a "he is" changed, but not proofed to a "we are".
More like a western Pennsiltucky'isim.
Just back home over the weekend for my 25 highschool reunion.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:53:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Well here goes another shoot I will not be able to attend. Just found out I have a 02:00 PM meeting.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok does eberyone have a target stand? I am going try and find extras tonight so let me know.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#32]
where can you buy one of those metal portable target stands locally?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Ok does eberyone have a target stand? I am going try and find extras tonight so let me know.

Yeah amigo, I got target stands - IN VIRGINIA!!

I s'pose I shoulda asked...

See you this afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
where can you buy one of those metal portable target stands locally?

AT Wal-Mart. They have them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I will bring some string to stinrg in between the pillars. That way we can hang targets off the string.

It has worked for me beofre very well.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll be there a little after one, for those who are waiting for me to bring stuff.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#37]
M4
and you had the nerve to talk about my spelling.
eberyone - beofre !!!!!
Where you been hangin??
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#38]
9supercomp,

I was just kidding dont take offense!
My grammer on here is sub par I know. Tha6ts because I dont double check before I hot the submit button.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#39]
It was a good shoot today and was wonderful to meet some new members and ofcourse the familiar faces are always great to see as well.

Thanks to all that came out today and I hope you guys can make it to the cookout!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 12:01:19 AM EDT
[#40]
An OUTSTANDING day at the range. Great weather except for the 15 min rain. After that it was sunny. Good people, good guns, not much more to ask for.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Yep, was a great day for shooting.  I just have to build myself a target stand now.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, the srting between the pillars worked really really wll. I think I might be bringing that instead of the big metal stand I bring.

A roll of string will fit in my pocket, instead of my metal target stand taking up the back of my X
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#43]
That shoot was a lot of fun guys. I had a great time, it's fun to play with all those firearms. Thanks to all that came.
See ya at the range,
2IDdoc.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#44]
It was nice to meet everyone, sorry I had to cut out early.  Most days kids business trumps my fun.  The good thing is, 2 of them are old enough to shoot now.  That's what I call quality time with the fam.

Next shoot I'll know to bring the "arsenal" and a cache of ammo. lol

Planning on the bbq.

cya
craig
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#45]
M4
Not getting critical on you.
Just had to throw the punch back at ya.
Glad to here everyone enjoyed themselves.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I just wanted to let everyone that attended (I hate you). I was sweating my ass off and my boss was being a real (insert any vulgar 4 letter word here). So I hope it was fun. Later
Z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top