Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2003 8:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2003 3:43:18 PM EDT by M4_Aiming_at_U]
Ok, I feel the need to get down and dirty with some MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain)

Since there aren't many classes for such a thing in this area. Maybe some of you want to have self-taught seminars?

What I have to offer:

*Radios for 3 units
*1 M4 & Beretta for one other person to practice with
*Many USMC Urban Combat Manuals (VERY HARD TO GET)
*Some knowledge of basic MOUT
*Time & Money for services and supplies to get a decent MOUT course built
*A friend who was in the USMC and completed the USMC MOUT course to give us pointers.

Well, what do you all think? With others to help build a mock Urban area out of plywood and such we could do this. I have all the USMC manuals for everyone to learn from. I can also talk to my friends who have been in REAL urban combat in Israel to see if they would want to lend us some of their knowledge.

All we need is land to do this on. I am sure most of us have our own and enough equipment, but like I said, I have some stuff to lend for people who don't.

We could save a lot of money by doing this on our own,

Let me know what you think.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:48:01 AM EDT
Very Interested!

Where would it be located?
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 11:24:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ugh:
Very Interested!

Where would it be located?

That's the only thing we need, a location! Call your friends, call your family members. Hell call your senator and lets find someone who will let us shoot on his/her land.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 11:51:53 AM EDT
The guys in Frederick are putting together such an event - we've been corrdinating at the Maryland AR-15 Shooters Site.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 12:37:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:
The guys in Frederick are putting together such an event - we've been corrdinating at the Maryland AR-15 Shooters Site.

Thats wonderful! I looked for it but couldnt find the discussion.
Whats the header?
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 3:25:53 PM EDT
Damn that sounded fun. Wish I had known about it. I blame it on the poor moderator we have,he should have known about this.LOL just kidding M4. Dont aim that thing at me. Let get another one set up. Im qurious as to the tactics the boys from the IDF can provide. I need more trigger time.
Later
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 3:34:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ZMan:
I blame it on the poor moderator we have,he should have known about this.

Hey, Im just a mod here not at that site!

j/k

Forest,
Thanks for the the info. Is mongo a member here? I would like to help out as much as I can with getting "Tac Alley" going. Like I said, I got some materials to offer.

LMK!
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 3:41:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
[Hey, Im just a mod here not at that site!

Yeah but you are a member there!

Is mongo a member here?

To tell you the truth I don't know. I'd guess so (since many of the new members come from AR15.com)

BTW I have reactive target plans - which I'm in the middle of updating with lessons learned from this weekend. Do you want copies?
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 3:45:45 PM EDT
Yeah, I know I am a member but I didnt remeber my password and log-in name. I got it, and just posted a note to Mongo.

I know I know, I am not over at your site as much as I should be

I will keep my eyes on that board more from now on...
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 2:26:46 PM EDT
Its great to see so many that want to jump on board!

Everyone please try to locate a place to shoot, whoever's land that we get to use thgey must be willing to let us biuld a small tactical area on it.

Getting a place to shoot is key to make this happen! Call everyone you know and ask them if they have a place to let us shoot on!
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 4:35:17 PM EDT
I SERIOUSLY want to do this. If I can do anything let me know. I have Army manuals on guerrilla warfare and special operations, as well as improvised munitions if you want me to bone up and give a class. I'm no expert by any means, but I would be willing to give it a shot. I went to shoot in Fredrick at their last event. Had a good time and met some great people. Let me know what I can do.
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 4:16:45 PM EDT
Just bumping this so it doesnt go to the Archives....

Still need some land to do this on!
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 8:31:43 AM EDT
Talked with Mongo yesterday (sent him the plans for Fight4YourRights simple reactive target). He indicated they had done a planning meeting this past Tues and a walk through for the event.

Looks like it will be starting soon.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 7:24:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2003 7:26:17 AM EDT by mercop]
I will donate some training. Anything from edged weapons to CQB and defensive tactics. Let me know what everyone wants to learn. BTW anyone interested in hand to hand should check out my home dojo Reddragonjujitsu.com. We have and awesome Judo program for the kids too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 7:38:20 AM EDT
That is very generouse Mercop! Right now we're waiting on Mongo & his crew to set up a date/time for event #1.

BTW to let everyone know - I've been making several types of reactive target (they differ on amount of reaction vs cost/time to make) for the events. Last night I made 3 full-size basic targets (to go along with the 2 prone targets). I also prototyped up a 3D reactive target - a poor man's 'Tactical Ted'.

If you are going to tomorrow shoot you'll get a chance to see some of these (and I hope you'll have ideas on improving them). If I'm lucky I'll even have one of the finalized 3D targets there (cost less than $5 to build!).
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:47:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/8/2003 6:50:24 PM EDT by paspecops]
Keep us posted. ^^^^ BTW I would be willing to help out with some basic instruction and maybe as an RSO. I'm down if it goes. Ops
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:11:53 PM EDT
Talking with Mongo this past week. He indicated they cleared something like 2 acres to set up a 'shoot town' type setup. It sounds very interesting. I plan on being there next week so I'll check it out for myself.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:14:25 PM EDT
Thanks for the update Forest!
See ya at Hooters!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:06:54 AM EDT
Ok I was at Mongo's place last night and joined their club. Ok had a look at what he is doing. Lots of trees have been removed, but there is cleanup to be done, then they have to dig the new backstop areas. They are also building a new shooting line.

Mongo expects work to be finished mid-summer. Its an ambitious schedule considering the amount of work to be done - but it is do-able if the weather is nice (and not too rainy).
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:47:00 PM EDT
Forest,

Once again thanks for the news.

Please tell me more about the club and what it looked like. How much per year to join? How many hours of sevice does membership require?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:55:12 AM EDT
Bump, anyone have any good news about some land?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:41:28 AM EDT
Does this sound like something you want to do? It' taken from my review of this past weekend's activities. I'll post a link to the full article when its up.

First thing I noticed is a man on the street, across from the building, holding something. I drop down to a kneel and bring my carbine up. I looked him over with my 3x Compact ACOG. I didn’t see anything particularly threatening – he has something in his hands but it doesn’t look like a weapon (yet). I slowly move forward clearing the corners the best I can. I get forward a couple of yards and have a better view of the guy in the street – he’s ok, just holding up a beer as chaos reigns around him. Scanning down the street with my ACOG I see a target hidden in the bushes near the end – I’ll have to remember that one for later. Gunfire can be heard nearby (fellow students practicing their drills - One of the walls of the pit is not too far behind the berm of the range we do our drills on). I see another target to my left on the hill through my ACOG but can’t see much detail due to vegetation – I creep closer under cover until I can make it out – it’s a man with a gun! BANG! BANG! My Bushmaster barks as two 55gr M1A3 rounds hit him center-of-mass (COM). I clear the end of the building and a pile of debris then start going around the street side of the building. "So far so good" I think...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:48:52 AM EDT
Yeah, thanks for rubbing your great weekend in for us!

I wish I could have made it to tthat one, but due to a new job I wasnt able to ask for time off on my first week.

Have you talked to Mongo lately?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:50:08 PM EDT
Don't worry they run it again in September - BE THERE! You will not regret it.

I missed the meeting Tuesday night - I was still wiped from the weekend. I plan on talking with him soon.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/12/2003 2:13:53 PM EDT by Forest]
Want to read all about the weekend? Check it out:

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/carbine1p1.msnw
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:22:53 PM EDT
Bump...........
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:45:38 PM EDT
Is there going to be an age restriction. (will you look down on a 16 y/o?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:03:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DEERSNIPER:
Is there going to be an age restriction. (will you look down on a 16 y/o?

I dont mind, as long as everyone practices safe weapon handling and is careful. I dont think age will be an issue.

Do you know anyone who has a few acres that would let us shoot there DeerSniper? What area are you in?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:45:15 AM EDT
Mongo & Al will be doing 'testing' on the course this weekend (I am planning on being there if I can get my wife to watch the kids).

There is a strong possibility of an event on the 9th of Aug. This is providing the testing goes well and Mongo and firm up the date.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:16:56 PM EDT
My dan owns 120 acres. BUT, he is in control of it, and there are crops on it right now. He wouldn't like the shooting. If it were up to me that would be a different story. I'm about 20 miles north of Baltimore City.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/25/2003 7:19:29 PM EDT by BBQMAN]

Originally Posted By DEERSNIPER:
'm about 20 miles north of Baltimore City.

In Baltimore County?? If so you're near me.

I'd be up for doing this except for the 9th which is my b-day and I'm having a party.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:31:19 AM EDT
gee BBQ, you sure have a lot of parties/cookouts. guess that's why you are BBQMAN.

I'm out of town on 9 Aug (vaca) but I'm interested in doing this. I have no experience or training in this area but it would be fun to try it.

P.I.G.S
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:26:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By philsAR:
P.I.G.S

YAY PIGS!!
LOL

Glad you posted your site. I am going to link it in the tacked MD links, ok?

Im glad to see those mags are working, not that I thought otherwise beforehand.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:54:25 PM EDT
A little update:
Maryland MOUT
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:04:06 PM EDT

gee BBQ, you sure have a lot of parties/cookouts. guess that's why you are BBQMAN.

I'm out of town on 9 Aug (vaca) but I'm interested in doing this. I have no experience or training in this area but it would be fun to try it.

P.I.G.S

I really do live for grillin'!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:48:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:

P.I.G.S

YAY PIGS!!
LOL

Glad you posted your site. I am going to link it in the tacked MD links, ok?

OK to post.

P.I.G.S. was a good idea a few years ago, but after we lost our "really fun & free" range we seemed to turn into paper tigers. Lunches, food, meetings, but no one showing up at shoots (other than me). I even scored some really, really cheap (ie free) range passes but still no one would show up. I quit scheduling them and let our CMP expire. Still makes for interesting converstation and T-shirts though.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:09:17 PM EDT
Just tell me when and where.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:12:07 PM EDT
Ive been to one of the militaries combined arms combat training facilities, eg the one still under construction at Ft Lewis WA. Its badass. MOUT training would be badass. Have fun guys.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:01:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
MOUT training would be badass. Have fun guys.

Where were you earlier this month? Giles Stock ran a course in Pittsburg, night fire & CQB drills, real MOUT type skills.

Don't miss it next year - if you're not going to hit one of the 'big' training centers you can take PFDC's Carbine 1 course this September (they will probably also schedule it again for the last spring/early summer next year).
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:13:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
MOUT training would be badass. Have fun guys.

Where were you earlier this month? Giles Stock ran a course in Pittsburg, night fire & CQB drills, real MOUT type skills.

Don't miss it next year - if you're not going to hit one of the 'big' training centers you can take PFDC's Carbine 1 course this September (they will probably also schedule it again for the last spring/early summer next year).

I was in Washington!

The CACTF is one of those big urban training villages the Army is building, but to get on one I think I may have to sign papers...
Top Top