Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2017 3:46:30 AM EDT
What do you suppose the odds are of finding a deal at the fairgrounds this weekend.
Been disappointed of late with the surplus rifle options at shows.
Long way to drive for me...and Saturday is the only option to go fishing for a week
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
A deal? At a gun show? I suppose it is possible, but it is not likely.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking about going, but decided to stay home and set
my hair on fire instead.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I NEVER miss the April / October "Bob Johnson" military show in the smaller building. Also, Ive only gone home empty handed ONE TIME from these shows.

Well, this weekend I went home empty handed from the military show again.

The person who took over setting up this show, decided "No offensive swastikas or confederate flags at the military show"

Needless to say there were LESS dealers and LESS stuff to buy / sell. Id have to think anyone shopping there would not be the type to be offended by such items, but perhaps the person who made this decision is a total snowflake and this will be the death of these shows unless someone else takes over.

I did notice some of the C&R / WW2 military rifles and pistols seem to be back down to a more reasonable price.  
Of course there were still the outrageously priced guns like normal.

I went through the "gun show" after leaving the military show building and just walked through aisles of the same overpriced crap.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I NEVER miss the April / October "Bob Johnson" military show in the smaller building...

I went through the "gun show" after leaving the military show building and just walked through aisles of the same overpriced crap.
View Quote
Glad I skipped the show and stayed home working on the landscaping where your guys did the stump grind in my yard.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I ended up not going too, but I did stop in at element arms closing sale.
Got just about enough parts to do a complete AR upper
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I'll be the minority here and say it was an OK gun show but a bit smaller than normal.  There were a few deals to be had although I was just in the market for a few small AR parts and targets of opportunity.  I saw and passed up on a Sig 238 (might have been a 938) for $400, one guy had Trijicon ACOG 1.5x scopes with dead tritium but new fiber optics for I think $350, and saw a few other deals I can't remember offhand.  I wish I would have had the scratch with me for one of those ACOGs, as a rugged 1.5x scope would be great on my next 9mm AR or maybe .22LR.

Last year at the Ed Building show I found a British TriLux scope in pretty sad shape but has the original tritium capsule holder and the mount is solid.  I have a Trilux in great shape but has a broken mount so now I can bring it back to life.

Anyway, gun shows are what you make of them.  Sometimes there are deals on what you are looking for, sometimes not.  I like to go just to see what treasures I might end up with I didn't know I needed.  State Fair shows have free parking and are well worth $5 to browse around, IMO.

Good luck!

Bitter Bastard
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I've just had way too many things going on this fall to visit the shows.

In all honesty, I'm not looking for anything right now. I've set aside funds for a new toy that is going to take many months to come in from the dealer, so, I am happy just plinking 22lr/wmr at the range and getting one of my ARs out at least monthly.

No more buying, time for shooting!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top