Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2017 7:19:22 PM EDT
I need to have my 24" Heavy 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for my AR-10 turned down a bit right behind the muzzle threads.  The proprietary muzzle brake I need to use for my suppressor has a shoulder on it that won't fit over the barrel.  Only needs a few thousands taken off for about 1/2" back.  Doesn't involve the threads or anything but finding someone local has been a challenge.  The guy in St. Boni isn't able to handle that large of a barrel apparently, guy in Prior Lake doesn't work on ARs even though it's just the barrel.  Do I need to try Ahlman's down in Morristown or does someone know of someone closer to the Twin Cities?  I'd love to find a place I can walk in with the barrel and some cash and walk out an hour later with the work done so I can get this rifle to the range.

Thanks,
Trent
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you try Jim Kobe in Bloomington?
Did you try Keelers in Becker?

Machine work is not usually done on "demand" as they maybe in the midist of another project?

This guy is VERY GOOD at threading!
Try this guy up in West Central MN - Pelican Rapids
Jim Pixley
218-329-2187
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone tipped me off to Jim Kobe recently and I just gave him a call this afternoon.  Sounds like he will be able to help me out, stopping by to see him next Tuesday to discuss and hopefully drop my barrel off.  

Really excited to get this project wrapped up!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you try Jim Kobe in Bloomington?
Did you try Keelers in Becker?

Machine work is not usually done on "demand" as they maybe in the midist of another project?

This guy is VERY GOOD at threading!
Try this guy up in West Central MN - Pelican Rapids
Jim Pixley
218-329-2187
[email protected]
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Jim was able to hook me up on the spot and do the work while I waited.  Great guy!

TTrent
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Keeler is no longer in business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top