Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2017 3:05:09 PM EDT
Travel tips? I'll becoming by way of Chicago, hit Minneapolis for lunch at Fogo De Chao and then on to Hines.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had to Google that

The Cities are a tangle of road construction right now on some relatively major routes, so if you have a navigation app that updates based off traffic, I'd highly recommend using it.
View Quote
So did I.  Never heard of it before.  As was said there is a lot of road construction going on in the Cities.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of the construction jams that I've noticed lately are in the NW metro area (that doesn't mean that there aren't others). Once you get north of 694 the roads open up quite a bit.

I frequently travel from the SE metro area to the Brainerd area. I usually take 169 past Lake Mille Lacs, which is a bit out of your way, but it is scenic  and I haven't seen much construction lately.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]
We went to eat Fogo De Chao in Minneapolis. Actually we parked, began walking down the street and by the time we could see the restaurant we circled back to the truck. I've been in sketchy places in and out of this country. I get Popeyes chicken from Gary IN, but this place was beyond my comfort zone for crackhead population numbers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
First thing that got me was we parked in a big open parking lot. As soon as we crossed the street the corner smelled like urine. Not that crazy inside a parking garage stairwell or elevator, but this was an open air street corner and it was a strong odor. Tons of people milling around just hanging out. Then a crackhead almost gets hit by a Suburban, another is scratching it's face using a window as a mirror then a third fast shuffled up on me and my stepson asking for $2.  Go around the corner to loop back to the truck and there's a guy who looks like he is either trying to zip or unzip his pants, basically yanking up and down on his fly. Get to the next corner and there's a group of people just hanging out on a railing who stopped talking and just stared at us. Maybe it was just bad timing but damn.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#8]
We ended up at Rodizio Grill in Maple Grove. It was next to Whole Foods with soccer moms everywhere and not a single crackhead in sight. Rodizio wasn't as good as Fogo but it was definitely cheaper and the food was still pretty good. It was so much cheaper than Fogo I tipped 50%.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We ended up at Rodizio Grill in Maple Grove. It was next to Whole Foods with soccer moms everywhere and not a single crackhead in sight. Rodizio wasn't as good as Fogo but it was definitely cheaper and the food was still pretty good. It was so much cheaper than Fogo I tipped 50%.
View Quote
I've been to both Rodizio and Fogo
Fogo is definitely the better of the two, but Rodizios was definitely good

Although when you are talking about endless steak, it has to be pretty bad steak before its not good
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Tube steak don't count! 
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We went to eat Fogo De Chao in Minneapolis. Actually we parked, began walking down the street and by the time we could see the restaurant we circled back to the truck. I've been in sketchy places in and out of this country. I get Popeyes chicken from Gary IN, but this place was beyond my comfort zone for crackhead population numbers.
View Quote
Been to Fogo many times, never felt uncomfortable in the area.

You do know there is a parking ramp in the same building as Fogo, so you would never even have to go outside....
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Been to Fogo many times, never felt uncomfortable in the area.

You do know there is a parking ramp in the same building as Fogo, so you would never even have to go outside....
View Quote
I live near Chicago, had I known that I may have just reparked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top