Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2017 2:18:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the update SJU.  I'm sure sorry to hear that.  Dustin sure did a good business initially, but I was there last summer & things were pretty slow so I guess it's not a total surprise.

Link Posted: 9/5/2017 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I never made it up there due to their location.  Sucks to see them go but if they were closer to the cities maybe they could have survived.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't like it when gunshops close and I didn't make it up there as much as I wanted.   If you see this good luck Dustin, Paul, and the other guys.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Location is just about key to any business.  Plus with the election of Trump.... The firearms businesses have really taken a hit!

Well, it is tough market when people flaunt the internet pricing in dealers faces.  They can not match the prices.  But, most online gun dealers do not take trades.  And, that is where the money is used guns!

And like a mgmt person for large local OEM says... the $800 AR market is way oversaturated!  Wholesalers peddling Colt 6920's pretty darn cheap.

And a lot of buyers buy crap optics mounts etc so there is not much money to be made with accessories.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I mentioned this a few months back...The number of gun shops in my AO has doubled or trippled over the last 5 years.  I expect that number to go back down over the next while.

Archery is also getting really hot on my area.  Over the last year, we've gone from 1 to 4 archery stores, with one investing about $500K in his setup.  We'll see how that shakes out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Gunshops pop up and fade away just as fast as eateries.  But, to make a decent living wage you really have to move product.

Hopefully they have significant others with real jobs with benefits......

An aunt and uncle of mine took a leap and bought a pharmacy back in early 70's.  My uncle left a drug store chain position in management.  My aunt has FT pharmacist job so the family had benefits etc.
But, it was tough for a few years to and with them putting his salary back into the pharmacy allowed them to pay it off sooner and engage in other business entities.  

But, when you have to pay salaries, taxes, utilities, rent, advertising, it takes fair chunk of change in a business the ebbs and flows with the political seas....
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone for kind words Yes it sucks to close but you have to do what you have to do! Its been a fun run and most of you know I am staying in the AR Industry. We will be open for a few more Saturdays.

Thanks again everyone come up and see us Saturday!
Dustin
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Dustin
You were great to deal with when at DPMS!  You were just as good in your shop!
It said that the election (for the good) put a dent in the whole industry!
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#10]
50% off the store Minus the Firearms are 10%! Last day is Sept 30th !! This Saturday 10:00am-2:00pm!
Thanks
Dustin
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
50% off the store Minus the Firearms are 10%! Last day is Sept 30th !! This Saturday 10:00am-2:00pm!
Thanks
Dustin
View Quote
Last Day Saturday 50% off 9/30/2017
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top