Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2017 8:43:32 PM EDT
The local gun shop did a handgun transfer for me last week from a gun I bought from Buds Gun shop.  I shoot there frequently so I'm not that much of a stranger there.  I haven't purchased a gun since the new ATF ruling so when I got there to pick up the gun I asked about it.  The dealer said nope you still have to do it, it's optional for the FFL to decide whether or not they want to do a background check or not.  

What the actual fuck?  Can they do this?  Thankfully I didn't get delayed.  But I have been delayed a handful of times in the past and it's not a pleasant experience.  Definitely won't be doing business with those guys again.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
If your PTC expires on or after August 2019, there is no requirement for a NICS check. Can a FFL decide to make you still do it? That i.m not sure. I'd find a dealer with a little less "stupid" Know what I mean!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#3]
My permit expires in 2020 so yes I meet the requirements.  It's bullshit that the FFL can decide what he or she wants to do when the ATF ruled that permit to carry holders don't need a background check.   From this point forward i won't do business with idiotic FFLs
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Just remember when you play in someone else's sand box; it is their rules.  NOT YOURS.
You could have broached the subject before you ordered the gun, rather than ASSUMING on your end.
So if the FFL wants to do it their way whoa to those who do not like it!
It is just as much your responsibility, too!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Phildo -- mind sharing where, for the reference of the rest of us?
View Quote
Target Sports in Rogers
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Just like when MN hometown forum user bitched about a FFL over in WI that would not sell him in person a AR 15 rifle.  Even though the fellow he had permit to purchase.
The dealer declined the sale at his discretion, even though it would have been legal.  So many of you have forgotten that just cause something can  be done does not mean
has to be or will be done just  suit you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top