Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2017 8:04:20 PM EDT
Just wanted to give a heads up about the Vickers Tactical pistol class. Anyone looking for a chance at some top level training with an industry legend, this is it.

We only have 5 spots left open as of the other day.

Class is being held at Ahlmans in Morristown MN.

This class focuses on all aspects of advanced level handgun shooting skills relevant to a wide variety of applications including whether you are a deploying serviceman, an on duty law enforcement officer, a conceal carry civilian, or for home defense. Topics covered will be a review of safety, stance, sight alignment, reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and trigger control. More advanced topics will include shooting on the move, barricade, cover and concealment, and support side shooting, etc.  Day Two will include a review and drill applications of all the topics that were covered.  Any shooter will leave the course with a firmer grasp of advanced level handgun shooting whether it is your primary or secondary weapon during any situation.  Additionally, Larry will make himself available to any student during class breaks and after class to answer individual questions on his/her weapons, equipment, gear set up, etc.

Not sure if I can leave a link here, but it is listed on the Vickers Tactical website under 2017 schedule. OR PM me and I can send a sign up link.

Thanks,
Tony.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Whoever goes, make all us printer repairmen proud!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure I get that one? lol
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
You're not alone.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're not alone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're not alone.
"larry compared arfcommers to spongebob-watching-laserjet-repairing-assclowns in a Daniel defense promo video"

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1101597_Larry_Vickers__printers__Spongebob__Whatandapos_s_the_connection_.html
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Still a couple spots open. 2 to be exact.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#9]
When you go to the site is says full.

Are there any spots left?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When you go to the site is says full.

Are there any spots left?
View Quote
Looks like it is. I can double check with my contact to make sure.

UPDATE: 8/8 Class is confirmed FULL.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone know exactly where at Ahlman's you check in for this class next weekend?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone know exactly where at Ahlman's you check in for this class next weekend?
View Quote
Go down to the M&P range.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Emails have been sent!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone have an AAR on this event?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:54:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone have an AAR on this event?
View Quote
AAR?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#16]
After Action Report
The Scoop
The Skinny
The Low Down
How was it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
After Action Report
The Scoop
The Skinny
The Low Down
How was it?
View Quote
Ah, gotcha lol. It was good. Larry is Larry and has his opinions, if you know what i mean. I can't say i agreed with everything he said or showed, but that is to be expected. Minor things really. Overall, it was a class geared towards accuracy. We ran a ton of different drills. What it wasn't, was a tactics class. We also never really got into advanced type of malfunctions, IE: single handed. Very speed vs accuracy focused.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Tony is right on the money. Accuracy class only, nothing on drawing from concealment etc. etc.. It was less advanced than I thought it would be but nonetheless a good class with lots of good students. Interesting drills and standards well worth taking note of and using every now and then to test yourself. Interesting guy to talk with and ask questions of, know a lot of folks in the business and background details etc.

BTW, the "printer technician" thing wasn't anything personal. Apparently he got roped into making a bunch of funny improvised joke videos as if it was just kidding around like we all do at times with your friends. The folks in charge picked a wrong one which was less funny than the rest. He didn't like doing them at all and my guess won't get pushed into doing that again. He's a good guy IMO.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tony is right on the money. Accuracy class only, nothing on drawing from concealment etc. etc.. It was less advanced than I thought it would be but nonetheless a good class with lots of good students. Interesting drills and standards well worth taking note of and using every now and then to test yourself. Interesting guy to talk with and ask questions of, know a lot of folks in the business and background details etc.

BTW, the "printer technician" thing wasn't anything personal. Apparently he got roped into making a bunch of funny improvised joke videos as if it was just kidding around like we all do at times with your friends. The folks in charge picked a wrong one which was less funny than the rest. He didn't like doing them at all and my guess won't get pushed into doing that again. He's a good guy IMO.
View Quote
Well stated. And also the reason I think, he didn't want people taking video that weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top