Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/31/2002 1:16:24 AM EDT
List em' in here.... Name. Address. Phone. Web - Email. Direcrions. What can you shoot there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:08:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2003 8:32:36 AM EDT by iNuhBaDNayburhood]
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 5:33:54 AM EDT
Here's a link with most of the local ranges. [url]http://www.hsec.org/range_list.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 1:04:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2003 1:20:14 PM EDT by Rastus]
It's probably old news to most but the DNR also has a list of ranges available. They're updating the web page: [url=http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/shooting_ranges/index.html]MN DNR[/url] but if you e-mail them they'll send a list. This list has, if I counted correctly, [red]136[/red] listings. Also, I don't know shit about shooting laws so I asked on which state land I could target shoot. Apparently target shooting is only legal in state forests. This is the e-mail I recieved: "I've ordered a copy of our Shooting Range list for you. You should receive it in 7 to 10 business days. As far as target practicing on State land, you are only allowed to target practice on State Forest Land. You can only use paper targets, and clay pigeons. You must clean up after yourself and leave nothing behind. I do not know what you are allowed to do on County land. You would need to check with each County Sheriff office. Sincerely, Joni Liljedahl Information Consultant, DNR Information Center Information, Education, and Licensing Bureau 500 Lafayette Rd Saint Paul MN 55155-4040 (651) 296-6157 (888) 646-6367 FAX (651) 297-3618"
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:19:59 AM EDT
Check here: http://www.webcom.com/gun_guy/rangesmn.htm
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 10:08:56 PM EDT
Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club. Only an hour from the cities and AR friendly. We are also the new home of DPMS Panther Arms. $10 a day as of Jan 1 2004 for an all day pass as many guns as you want to bring. Ranges out to 200 yds and steel targets available at not extra cost.
Paul Braun
General Manager
320-251-9873
Link Posted: 3/20/2004 9:03:24 PM EDT
Ceder Valley Conservation Club about 4 miles north of Austin, MN.
$20 per year. your issued a cardkey to open the gate. only time you can't shoot is Sunday mornings and Tue nights. that is the time the club has skeet and trap leagues. separate pistol range away from rifle range. huge mound of dirt piled up for backstop.
rile range is 50,100,200 yards. and they have shooting benches under a roof. no full auto guns unless your LE.
i suppose someone would get upset if you showed up at 2 am to shoot, but hours aren't realy posted.
Now, thats $20 a year, come as much as you want. i've been a member for almost 20 years there, it was $15 up untill about 5 years go. i know a couple guys from the southern part of the cities that belong, they said its cheaper than paying a daily fee everytime to go shooting.
oh, and they have a nice spring hand trap on the shotgun range. bring your own clays.
on a nice sunday afternoon you might run into a few people, but nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/11/2004 3:46:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2004 5:49:33 AM EDT by Bravo5-2]
Rochester Area

Byron Sportsmen and Conservation Club
Byron MN

geocities.com/byronsc_55920/index.html

See website for membership details, directions, etc.. very nice range and facilities.
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 7:49:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/12/2005 7:50:28 PM EDT by Brick]
Bill's Gun Shop and Range
4080 W. Broadway Ave N.
Robbinsdale, MN 55422
763-533-9594
www.billsgs.com

Located off of 41st Ave and HWY 81 in the Robbinsdale Town Square Mall. Northwest corner of the cities.

Black gun friendly.

Ammo Restrictions;
Nothing moving over 3500FPS, and no steel or aluminum anything.

Brick
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 8:04:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Brick:
Bill's Gun Shop and Range
4080 W. Broadway Ave N.
Robbinsdale, MN 55422
763-533-9594
www.billsgs.com

Located off of 41st Ave and HWY 81 in the Robbinsdale Town Square Mall. Northwest corner of the cities.

Black gun friendly.

Ammo Restrictions;
Nothing moving over 3500FPS, and no steel or aluminum anything.

Brick

Sounds fair
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 6:18:31 AM EDT
I'm in MN (Minnetonka, actually)...and went to Armored Fire a couple years ago. Are they still open? Their website is 403 (forbidden) and I can't find any other mention of them..

Looks like I'll have to give Bill's a shot sometime this week; see what it's about. What kind of range is it indoors? How many lanes/how long? 25 yards? Smaller?

I'm here for a couple months for work, before anyone asks why some guy from NY is here

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 6:45:34 AM EDT
Evil_Ed,

Bill's is a 25 yd indoor range. 14-16 lanes IIRC. Pistol/Rifle, no steel core or aluminum/steel case ammo.

I've been getting down there about once a week lately, usually around lunchtime later in the week. Let me know when you're going - mcnielsen and I could meet up with you there.

Link Posted: 2/22/2005 7:10:46 AM EDT
Evil_Ed, we can meet you later this week if you are free. We'll be the two that look like Feds.

Nice Avatar, BTW.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 7:20:08 AM EDT
Thanks guys I don't know what my daily schedule will be like just yet..I'm hoping to hit the place after work some nights of the week. I'll need to stock up on ammo..there's gotta be a Galayan's around here somewhere..

I'll be the guy who looks like the Hells Angels reject, driving a truck with custom NY tags

Link Posted: 2/22/2005 7:29:30 AM EDT
Ed,

Galyans is now Dick's. The general consensus around here is that Dick is fairly anti-gun. Try Gander Mountain instead.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 7:38:00 AM EDT
Ooo good call, I forgot about Dicks buying Galyans.

Yah, there's a couple Dick's around where I am in NY...(and a Gander Mountain, actually)..and yes, Dick's isn't exactily a "sportsmen's paradise" unless the only things you do are baseball, basketball, or football.

Ok, I'll check out the one down in Minnetonka sometime, see what they have. The Galyans where I am when I was there last a couple years ago seemed pretty well stocked..seems a shame
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 8:16:37 AM EDT
Idle curiosity - does Bill's not allow steel-cased (Wolf, for example) for any particular reason, liability, or...?

I bought a couple hundred rounds out with me (extra weight for the back of the pickup), figured I'd burn it up out here...
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 8:37:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
Idle curiosity - does Bill's not allow steel-cased (Wolf, for example) for any particular reason, liability, or...?

I bought a couple hundred rounds out with me (extra weight for the back of the pickup), figured I'd burn it up out here...

They don't want to sort the shell casings for recycling.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 8:57:37 AM EDT
I've shot Blazer there before - just pick up your casings.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 11:11:49 AM EDT
What, they couldn't buy a magnet?

Well, since I probably won't be shooting rifles and stuff indoors, it probably won't be a big deal...need to find some .308, hm.

Thanks for all the help guys...this is most enlightening
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 9:25:33 AM EDT
Hm I hit Dicks, and didn't see anything of real interest (I was surprised to see that the section that used to have all the guns and ammo in it, is now full of airsoft)..

Went to Gander Mountain and bought a pile of stuff, but couldn't find any handgun ammo anywhere there?? I didn't stop to ask anyone and probably should have, but I browsed the ammo shelves for a good 10 minutes, and didn't see any ammo that could be construed as a handgun cartridge. Weird.
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 10:58:56 AM EDT
Gander keeps handgun ammo behind the counter. They must have heard you were in town.
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 3:34:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/12/2005 3:37:41 PM EDT by OBird]
OAKDALE GUN CLUB

Main Page

Directions/Location

Target Restrictions

Safety Rules

Days Open to Public

No incindiary, tracer, exploding, etc. ammo. No full-auto for non-members. Not sure about 50 BMG, although I *think* it's acceptable (maybe members-only, or not at all). Paper targets only for non-members. Public hours are 0800 to 1630 (no one is admitted after 1600), on specific dates from June to end of MN deer season/start of WI deer season (whichever comes later, I believe). See above link for list of dates open (usually weekends only until deer season, then it's every day).

100-yard, 50-yard, 25-yard, 200-meter, combined 25/50 yard, air gun, archery, and trap shooting ranges. All ranges except the airgun, archery, and trap ranges have roofs over the firing lines (and the 25 yard range is pretty much completely covered all the way down). Benches, seats, and sandbags are all provided on the firing line. Hearing protection is mandatory.

There is a new fee this year, $15 per person with no limit for number of guns or how long you can stay (provided it's not before eight or after four-thirty). Used to be $15 per gun (basically).

Concealed carry, gun safety, and other classes are offered here (they have a rather nice classroom).
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:46:28 PM EDT
What ever happened to the Plymouth Gun Club?

Are they still in biz?
Top Top