Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 7:50:50 AM EDT
So, my buddy goes in to pick up his Permit to Purchase today at the local PD.  He gets the little card and they also give him a brochure on "Firearms"  Inside the thing it said that "You could go to jail  for up to 10 years if you own a Semi-Automatic Assult Weapon" or something close to that...  How the sheit can the cop shop be handing out something saying that?  WTF?  I will scan the thing tonight when I get home for all to see.

Oh, that paper also said we can't own silencers?!  I never knew that

On a different note, the weather was nice this weekend.  I went fishing, but I had a tragic boating accident guess I am in the clear with this Assult Weapon thing.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
The brochure was probably from pre-ban-expiration days.  Most cops don't know shit about the specifics about firearms laws like that...

Sorry to hear about your accident, though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The brochure was probably from pre-ban-expiration days.  Most cops don't know shit about the specifics about firearms laws like that...

That is what I was thinking (Pre-ban-expiration) but even then you could have them, just not new ones with all the baby killing features like 30 clips.

Sorry to hear about your accident, though.

Thanks... it was hard, but I think I may work through it with Dr. Phill.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Dibs on the top bunk
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So, my buddy goes in to pick up his Permit to Purchase today at the local PD.  He gets the little card and they also give him a brochure on "Firearms"  Inside the thing it said that "You could go to jail  for up to 10 years if you own a Semi-Automatic Assult Weapon" or something close to that...How

Oh, that paper also said we can't own silencers?!  I never knew that he guess I am in the clear with this Assult Weapon thing.

Silencers own / posession is a felony in the state of Minnesota.. gosh darn!

Statue 609.66 Subd. 1a.

What's funny about this is that

Subd. 4.  Silencers prohibited. Except as provided in section 609.66, subdivision 1h, a person may not own or possess a silencer for a firearm or a firearm equipped to have a silencer attached.

I've seen USP tacticles here, and those have threaded barrels... wouldn't that be illegal to own as well?

Sorry about the accident... What happened?  how's the boat?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've seen USP tacticles here, and those have threaded barrels... wouldn't that be illegal to own as well?

One more example of people writing laws without knowing the full meaning of a word.
Oh, BTW, Shhh...Don't say anything about the suppressor that mounts over an A2 Flash hider...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

One more example of people writing laws without knowing the full meaning of a word.
Oh, BTW, Shhh...Don't say anything about the suppressor that mounts over an A2 Flash hider...

Don't know where i can get one here do you?  I need to get an out of state ID, so i can go buy one! Lame!!

I just want to protect my ears damnit!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I will use my post whoring status for "Diplomatic Immunity"
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Silencers own / posession is a felony in the state of Minnesota.. gosh darn!

Statue 609.66 Subd. 1a.

What's funny about this is that

It's an inside joke here in the MN board.

Sorry about the accident... What happened?  how's the boat?

The boat is gone, we all ended up over loading it with guns and ammo and then... she sank  It was amazing we all made it to shore alive, I saved the waypoint on my GPS, but it didn't make it off the boat eather.  Whoever said don't put all your eggs in one basket was right.

ETA - I still have my SW 642 and my Ruger 10/22 with 87 boxes of ammo, I should be ok for a little while.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ETA - I still have my SW 642 and my Ruger 10/22 with 87 boxes of ammo, I should be ok for a little while.

Originally Posted By mcnielsen in Team Forum:
I be rollin wit a tizzenn-double deuce and a point thrizzee-oh-cho.

That's all I be needin and I be professhinal enuf! True Dat!

Nice!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

NBot - I can't respond to your IM untill you enable them, hence I can't respond to yours untill you let me
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By mcnielsen in Team Forum:
I be rollin wit a tizzenn-double deuce and a point thrizzee-oh-cho.

That's all I be needin and I be professhinal enuf! True Dat!

Nice!

Took me about two mins. to understand what that ment, but when I made sense of it, it was funny!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top