Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 11:18:28 AM EDT
I live in a suburb now that has a great fella as the police chief...Basically a "shall sign" guy. It looks like a move is in my near future and I would like to move closer in to the city... I like the extra "spark" that exists there... Here’s my worry... When I purchased my first sub gun I was (mistakenly) under the impression that I needed to go through the Hennepin county/Minneapolis CLEO to get signed off. It turned into a HUGE headache... I got first one number and then another and then another, bounced from one office to next downtown until days later I finally talked to the fellow who was in charge of this kind of thing for the department...He insisted that I didn’t need his sig, only needed to write his name and title in the space. No matter how much I politely insisted that HE needed to sign it and not me he just wouldn’t budge on his feelings. Thank god I brought it up to my SOT and he said...Hell go to the city ya live in... ( duh, but this was my first time...) Now the thought of possibly being torn from the NFA world has got me scared... Too many subbies to attain...Too many rifles to SBR! Do any of you have any info regarding getting signed off in either Minneapolis or Saint Paul? I would really appreciate any input I can get from you fellas here in the great white north! If ya have specific names and would prefer not to post em here for the gun grabbers to get a hold of you can always IM me...

Thanks much folks!

Notch...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top