Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:36:44 PM EDT
Anybody else going this weekend I'm going on sun. morning because of work stuff on sat?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:37:50 AM EDT
I'll be there maybe saturday. I might even wear my tiger stripe shirt to fit in with the fringe crowd.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:45:42 AM EDT
I will be there looking at the suppressor table.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:51:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mcnielsen:
I will be there looking at the suppressor table.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:22:37 AM EDT
Mike just wants a fake can to slip over his short rifle!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:40:58 AM EDT
You know I am a sucker for nice cans!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:52:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 11:31:42 AM EDT by TANGOCHASER]
Went to the show on Sunday. Saw a handgun dealer near the east end of the building talking so much sh*t to the customers, it was pathetic. Told one customer "a guy only carries a gun if he expects to get into some sh*t. I was in the Marines and never carried a gun". WTF?

Short, white guy with white hair, glasses and a belly that stuck out like he was pregnant. I wonder if he sold anything.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:14:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TANGOCHASER:
Went to the show on Sunday. Saw a handgun dealer near the east end of the building talking so much sh*t to the customers, it was pathetic. Told one customer "a guy only carrier a gun if he expects to get into some sh*t. I was in the Marines and never carried a gun". WTF?

Short, white guy with white hair, glasses and a belly that stuck out like he was pregnant. I wonder if he sold anything.

His soul.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:21:15 PM EDT
rofl...reminds me of the guy at the MWCA show 2 weeks ago that didn't appreciate me saying that I'd take the Pepsi challenge against his $850 Kimber .22 rifle with my $200 CZ. He made fun of my CZ by saying, "but the Kimber has a match-grade barrel! You've got what, an $80 punch-out barrel?" (whatever that means - aren't all button-rifled barrels sort of "punch-out barrels" by definition?) He then went on to say that he could shoot "1/4" (1/4 what? inch? MOA? he didn't say) at 100 yards with his super-sniper .22 LR...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:33:47 PM EDT
Yeah I saw him too looked like a idiot Heard him talking and I had to keep form laghing at him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:32:36 PM EDT
Let's see, I saw a guy on the east side just to the left as you entered the door, on one of his tables he had $150 8 round Saiga 12-gauge mags and next to those were $65 Chinese 7.62 "PLUM" magazines that looked like brown bakelite to me (I wasn't even aware that China made "PLUM" mags, hmmmmmmm.)

I later witnessed some youngish, early 20s or so, lad purchasing Fiocchi 9mm ammo from Oak Grove Arms. I understand Oak Grove having to make a profit and maybe his prices were very good but I almost asked the kid if he'd been to Wal-Mart lately and seen their prices on 9mm ammo MINUS the cover charge at the door.

Then I got to hear the 300 lb. guy and his equally girthsome(word?) gal selling beanie babies, Airsoft, and edged "weaponry" (using that term very loosely) discussing the virtues of having a mace handy. The wizard or a warlock had just left the table prior to my arrival, to be sure. I summon thee........

Every time I go, I wonder, "Why the hell did you waste $4 on this??!?!?!?!" Oh well, sometimes you need to see how the other half lives I guess, now who's in for some $20 New USGI 30s and perhaps some $17 English SA80 mags, and let's throw in some $19 USA brand 30s while we're at it. Somebody stop me, I'm wearing a hole in my palm here!!!

I mock but then again, I'm the moron that went......again....UGH,
Scott
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:40:45 PM EDT
The only gun show that I have been to in the last four years that was any good at all was the St. Paul River Center show.

I've seen those exact same people at other, non-MWCA shows. It's sad.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:16:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 7:16:53 PM EDT by Cursarius]
*double tap*
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:06:10 PM EDT
I went there both days. I went looking for Mosin Nagant stuff. I ended up buying a nice replica Spiller & Burr BP pistol from a guy in the far back corner (next to the guy with all the German military stuff).

Did Oak Grove have any DCI AKM recievers for sale there? I ask this AFTER the fact; I only started getting interested in an AK build a few days ago.

John
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:19:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Yankee_John:
Did Oak Grove have any DCI AKM recievers for sale there? I ask this AFTER the fact; I only started getting interested in an AK build a few days ago.

I got a DCI rcvr from them Saturday, and they were going fast. Thanks for reminding me, it was due for a fondling....
Top Top