Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/21/2006 9:48:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 9:48:40 AM EDT by Dave_Pendleton]
What is required to legally complete a FTF handgun sale (in MN)?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:35:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 10:37:27 AM EDT by MyWar]
If it's just between two private parties? All that's legally needed is a buyer and a seller that are both residents of the state of MN.

I personally will only sell FTF if the buyer:
1. Signs a bill of sale (with both of our pertinent info, ie. name, address, phone #)
2. Shows me a DL and permit (purchase or carry).

I will gladly show my DL and permit if the other party asks. That way there is a record of the transaction, and I have verified that the other party is whom they say they are, and they have been checked out by the county/city/state (reason to see permit).
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:47:03 AM EDT
This is the "gun show loophole" and how 99% of all criminals obtain their firearms

Kory is right in his post. I, personally, don't sell a gun to someone unless:

A. I personally know them and they are eligible to buy a firearm
2. They have a CCW or Permit to Purchase and a valid DL that they show me
III. THe transfer is done across state lines through an FFL.

The only exception I would make is for C&R eligible rifles sold at a gun show. You'd really have to be crazy to hold up a liquor store with a K98 Mauser.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:11:05 AM EDT
You should have turned in your gun during the Minneapolis buyback the other week. I'm sure $50 -$75 was very generous for any quality firearm.

Plus you would have helped by getting dangerous guns off the street.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:01:28 PM EDT
A.
III.

Mike, call me about that home loan thing. I think we need to talk...

Personally, I won't sell a gun to someone unless they perform oral sex on me. That's the only way to make sure they are worthy of my trust. Maybe that's why I've never sold a gun...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:02:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcnielsen:
This is the "gun show loophole" and how 99% of all criminals obtain their firearms

Kory is right in his post. I, personally, don't sell a gun to someone unless:

A. I personally know them and they are eligible to buy a firearm
2. They have a CCW or Permit to Purchase and a valid DL that they show me
III. THe transfer is done across state lines through an FFL.

The only exception I would make is for C&R eligible rifles sold at a gun show. You'd really have to be crazy to hold up a liquor store with a K98 Mauser.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:47:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MNnaloxone:
A.
III.

Mike, call me about that home loan thing. I think we need to talk...

Personally, I won't sell a gun to someone unless they perform oral sex on me. That's the only way to make sure they are worthy of my trust. Maybe that's why I've never sold a gun...

Hey, Come on! Your rate is less than VII Per Cent!

Now, as soon as my typewriter gets a new ribbon, I will send in your mortgage application for typing in triplicate!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:59:31 PM EDT
The problem is even after 4 shots of jagermeister.....I still can't get that taste out of my mouth....but hey....thanks for the new handgun!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:51:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TwistedMonkey:
The problem is even after 4 shots of jagermeister.....I still can't get that taste out of my mouth....but hey....thanks for the new handgun!

Oh, boy. That will not buff out.
Top Top