Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:28:49 PM EDT
I'm going to be there, who else is coming?

I have an idea, all ARFCOMmers could wear a baseball cap rally style (inside out), so when we see each other we will know. We can work on the secret hand shake when we are there. That is, unless there is a secret hand shake I don't know about. If you already have a really good secret shake in mind but don't want it put on the internet, you can IM me so non-ARFCOMmers can't see it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
How did you find out about the secret hand shake so soon of becoming a ARFCOM member?

J/K

I will be going with a buddy on Saturday.  I hope to see Sully there to pick up some SA lowers and some lower part kits if they are there.  My buddy is looking to get some stuff from DPMS if they are at this show.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It's in 2 weeks right?  I get my tax return on the 17th...pure evil.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:09:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We will be there.  Lots of good stuff on our tables.  Many of the great things we have had in the past, and a few new surprises as well!!!

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com  

O’k Sully, throw us a bone.  

What are you bringing?  

A1 carry handles?  

Same plane rear sights?

Slings?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]
something about a gun show at the convention center weirds me out- not sure if its the freaks that wander mpls or just walking around downtown/that area with an AR or two.  Seems the libtards are starting ..to ...affect ...me...must....restist.....stooopid...thinking....like....this.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:12:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Sully is going to have Dan take a pallet load of 30 rd magazines out the door to secure his place as Mag Ho of Minn
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have an idea, all ARFCOMmers could wear a baseball cap rally style (inside out), so when we see each other we will know.

I have a better idea, how about we all wear BDU trousers and a gun-related t-shirt, that way we will be able to recognize each other.  BTW, I'll be the tall white guy in BDU Trousers...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have an idea, all ARFCOMmers could wear a baseball cap rally style (inside out), so when we see each other we will know.

I have a better idea, how about we all wear BDU trousers and a gun-related t-shirt, that way we will be able to recognize each other.  BTW, I'll be the tall white guy in BDU Trousers...

and dont shower for a week ahead of time...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ick!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I will also be in BDU pants with a flanel shirt on and a NRA hat in Red White and Blue I will look like Larry the cable guy....... git er done.    

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I should be there for a bit to say hello.  

I need to find the Ears Inc. person to get a set of custom ear plugs now that the glass cuts inside my right ear have healed over.

I also want to find some basic AR tools for maintenance.  New chamber brush, handguard removal tool, etc.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I need to find the Ears Inc. person to get a set of custom ear plugs

I almost forgot that I need a pair of those too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bestsmileys.com/sick/9.gif Ick!

Can Ye Smell it?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#16]
You know damn right!  I'll bring my goat in trade for a Hesse AK!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#17]
That would be a waste of a good goat.

I will trade you a turd if all you want is a piece of crap for the goat.

You would get more use out of the turd take the trade man.

At least you might hit something with the turd.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that we will stand out if WE SHOWER Because damn, it stinks in these places. We will be the only clean ones. BigAKFan
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That would be a waste of a good goat.

I will trade you a turd if all you want is a piece of crap for the goat.

You would get more use out of the turd take the trade man.

At least you might hit something with the turd.

That's a little mean, but ALOT of funny.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#20]
That ok Hesse/Vulcan can't read.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I will also be in BDU pants with a flanel shirt on and a NRA hat in Red White and Blue I will look like Larry the cable guy....... git er done.    

You sure you won't be wearing bib-overalls?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

home.earthlink.net/~mcnielsen/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/goat4.jpg

mcnielsen is bi-sexshual.

He digs goats AND sheep!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sure you won't be wearing bib-overalls?

I am glad you got that.

And in my oneupmanship style I will have a big chaw of Red Man or Beachnut and just say to everyone "you got a purdy mouth wana be my girlfriend"
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.earthlink.net/~mcnielsen/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/goat4.jpg

mcnielsen is bi-sexshual.

He digs goats AND sheep
He buys whatever he can!!!

Fixed it!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I always like the MPLS Convention Center show...  But you should take note that we are trying to ELMINATE the stinky camo-wearing, jerky-eatin', beaniebaby-buying, rusty-shotgun-toting, "Gunshow-loophole"-sellin' stereotype.  Not reinforce it.  

Nevermind...  <Pixies>Where is my mind...</Pixies>

So the rally cap is back in. Great!!    BigAKFan
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:04:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I figured some might want to study up on this for next weekend.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#28]
In an effort to avoid the usuriously expensive downtown parking ramps, I'm planning on parking for free at the Mall of Hysteria and taking the light rail into Minneapolis for the gunshow. What's the best stop to get off at, and how long is the walk to the Convention Center from that stop?

Thanks in advance!

DL
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Is there any chance of finding either a RRA flattop 9mm upper or Vector Uzi at this show?  And for a respectable price of course.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll be there sunday for sure.. There for one purchase and one only... It's time for the MIGHTY SLR15 Commander!!!!!  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
In an effort to avoid the usuriously expensive downtown parking ramps, I'm planning on parking for free at the Mall of Hysteria and taking the light rail into Minneapolis for the gunshow.

I wonder what kind of looks you'd get if you carried a rifle (boxed of course) home on the LRT?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#35]
So is parking on the streets in downtown Murderapolis on the weekends no longer free?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So is parking on the streets in downtown Murderapolis on the weekends no longer free?

Use the Ramp
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Use the Ramp

Well, it just shows you how long its been since I have even bothered to enter that area.

Its what happens when you live up in the sticks too long.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:25:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I wonder what kind of looks you'd get if you carried a rifle (boxed of course) home on the LRT?

Actually, I am more concerned about not getting a hernia from hauling the 50-or-so pounds of reloading components that I usually get at these gunshows onto the LRT.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
About 5th Street & Marquette or 5th St & South 2nd are probably your best bet for stops to get off...  <Beavis>Heh heh!  He said Get off...</Beavis>

And then you have to walk about 7 to 8  blocks south on Marquette (or 2nd IIRC), and you'll be at the Convention Center!  Either that, or you could get a TRANSFER slip from the transit guy on the light rail (do they give transfers?), and then get off the train on Nicollet Mall/Ave, and take a bus (a Number 18 would get you there, IIRC) down Nicollet to about 13th Street, and then head about 2 blocks east....  Check out the Metro Transit website for a specific trip plan on how to effectively get to the Convention Center...

It's up to you.  I used to use MTC a *LOT* before I could 'afford' a car (I say that loosly because I never really could afford a car).

Thank you for the information!

Looking at the route map on www.metrotransit.org, it looks like my best bet is to get off at the Government Plaza Station and walk 8 blocks south along 3rd Ave. to get to the ConCen.

Again, thanks for the pointers. I'm planning on attending the gunshow on Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I guess that taking Metro Transit is OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I COMPLETELY FORGOT.  They have a no weapons on board policy (yeah, like criminals abide by that one...  )

Well, I didn't see a "MTC BANS GUNS ON THIS TRAIN" sign last time I rode!

Since they are public transportation, wouldn't they be subject to the state's preemption and CC firearms laws?  ie, if it's legal to carry at the State Fair, MTC rigs should be the same?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#41]
i bought my colt le from that show last year. i would have to say that it felt alittle wierd walking back to the parking ramp with it. expecailly when there was some kind of a childerns expo going on in the room above the show. i got alot of bad looks from parents when they saw the blue tag that said colt ar-15.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#42]
I will be the tall guy in Spandex with what looks like a Beta C-MAg in my pants!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I will be the tall guy in Spandex with what looks like a Beta C-MAg in my pants!!

Hitman, re-check the thread title. We are talking about the gun show in downtown minneapolis, not the Gay 90s.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey now!,  The Spandex I will be wearing is complete in Digi-Urban-Camo,  with Kevlar reinforced seams,  Ballistic stiching and tactical 5.11 Concealment options located throughout.  I will fit right in with the rest of the BDU clad Weekend warriors.  

Beta C-Mag and 12" Gemtech..........

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Hey now!,  The Spandex I will be wearing is complete in Digi-Urban-Camo,  with Kevlar reinforced seams,  Ballistic stiching and tactical 5.11 Concealment options located throughout.  I will fit right in with the rest of the BDU clad Weekend warriors.  

Beta C-Mag and 12" Gemtech..........

OK, so I will not be there...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#46]
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#47]
How do I get there from Mankato?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks, I'll be the guy walking around on saturday with the 7.62x39 AR on my back FS. My wife likes to make fun of the guys with big for sale signs on their guns, so I thought I'd make her day.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
How do I get there from Mankato?

Follow downtown exit signs to the 11th Street exit and follow 11th Street to 2nd Avenue South. Turn left on 2nd Avenue South and go 1 block to Convention Center.

Parking
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top